GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before but has anyone had any issues running atmospheric bov's to their R35?
Mine has a Litcho stage 4 upgrade if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
No problem at all, had forge atmospheric ones fitted at Litchfields on my previous stage 4 and they sound awesome

·
Registered
56 Posts
No problem at all. I have the GFB ones on my stage 4 and they are fully adjustable for both valve spring tightness and recirculate / vent to atmosphere ratio.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Running HKS BOV's and seen no difference at all.

Did Santa Pod 1/4 mile is roughly same although terminal up a bit since last tweaks. So 0-130 no change.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,200 Posts
What sort of price are we looking at for a couple of dump valves then ?

I had them on my Esprit V8 and Noble M12 so I'm thinking of the same for my GTR.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
25,949 Posts
hi yes they are, ive not heard the GFB ones to be totally honest buddy

its hard to explain the sound of any Bov.

maybe andy can give a better description - he seems happy :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fitted the Turbosmart Bov's last night.(Bought through a vendor on eBay and saved £150) I'm still playing with the settings, at the moment I have them slightly open so the make a nice sound under heavier load.
No problems with idle issues like some have experienced with other brands but im sure brands like HKS or Greddy will be fine.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Does anyone know if Air is metered before it enters the engine in the GTR like a conventional MAF or metered in the engine like a MAP sensor would pick up.

If air is measured before it enters the engine then it wont be able to account for the air that's vented out of the BOV and not recirculated, hence running a little rich and possibly rough idle.

It was the same for UK Supras VS Jap, UK's had MAF and Jap had Map sensor, Jap's were fine with BOV but UK ones didn't run well on them.

Donbona - I suspect yours is fine as your not completely venting to atmosphere judging by what you said.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts