GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an ATS/ACROSS Carbon Twin for a BNR34 or GETRAG Equipped GTR, this unit was installed, and shortly after installation a Turbo gave up and Killed the engine, after the engine rebuild the car was putting down a 1000+ Crank, so a Triple was needed. I stepped in and procured the clutch just for the discs only for my use later on, but I was able to procure another set of carbon discs and now I dont need the clutch.

New Carbon discs measure 3.9mm thick, The discs on this clutch measure 3.8mm, this is essentially a new used clutch.

This is what you get:
Type R Disc ATS Twin Plate Clutch and Flywheel, 1350kg Clutch Cover Pressure Plate
Flywheel bolts, Release Bearing, Spring pivot, Spring Sleeve, Bearing Sleeve 14mm

I been running this same style on my BCNR33 for 4 1/2 years and after numerous 7000 RPM Launches, some track days and many a crazy nights running the WANGAN my discs are still 3.4mm thick as of last month. So this Clutch has a very long life, as the discs wont start slipping untill they get 2.5mm thick at which point you can install a 1mm shim and extend the life.

In comparison to the NISMO SUPER COPPERMIX TWIN, The ATS/ACROSS Clutch is more user friendly, and doesnt have as high of a bite point, engagement is very smooth, and the hotter it gets the better. I highly recommend the carbon clutch over the coppermix any day all day. Good for 700HP

Will Post to the UK For $2000.00 USD, Coming from Japan. Will Post Pics of Clutch tonight

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I can add to that it's super easy to drive and holds for lots of power!
Mine starts to slip at around 800-850nm at the wheels.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I too can recommend this clutch as its very easy to use even in heavy traffic, it does rattle a bit more than the Nismo Cuppermix to be honest but ATS has a silent flywheel kit which can be changed if thats a concern.

Good luck with sale

1 - 3 of 3 Posts