GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of guys tried to borrow it using relay theft. I am unable to upload the footage. I get the follwoig message ..The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

If anyone can help to up load the footage, i can email the footage as i have no idea about what this means

T

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you keep your keys in a faraday box or they just couldn't pick up the signal??

Add the video to youtube and put the link here.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you keep your keys in a faraday box or they just couldn't pick up the signal??

NOpe,i always keep my keys away from the front door, but the spare is kept in my bedroom under the cat post. Which has now been moved to a Faraday pouch. The video shows the second person at the front living room window which is ony about 2 metres in height t to where the spare key was. I ways always careful in hiding the spare. But moved now. Got very lucky.

Not sure how to upload to you tube, never done it. If some one can pm their email add or mobile number and i can whats app the footage.

T

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
It would be easier to build a garage / I’d personally never pay that,

anyway best get a ghost or similar fitted and is be down to get a disclok ASAP

·
Registered
354 Posts
Couple of guys tried to borrow it using relay theft. I am unable to upload the footage. I get the follwoig message ..The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

If anyone can help to up load the footage, i can email the footage as i have no idea about what this means

T
PM'd you

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Honestly think the disklok is the best security as it will put potential thiefs off unless they have a plan B to drive it away. Faraday pouch is super cheap and effective (but be sure to check the one you buy. I got one from Halfords that looked 100% but didn't work, Chinese tat).

·
Ooo Matron !
2,373 Posts
Honestly think the disklok is the best security as it will put potential thiefs off unless they have a plan B to drive it away. Faraday pouch is super cheap and effective (but be sure to check the one you buy. I got one from Halfords that looked 100% but didn't work, Chinese tat).
I bought one from Halfords and it works a treat. Mine has a front and rear pouch, and only one of them actually works (god knows why they would design it like that). However, in the right pouch it was fine. I can stand right next to the car with the key in the bag, press the button on the door, and it will not open.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,373 Posts
Should put it then in an old tin

(as well as the pouch )
Then put the tin inside the microwave. Then bury it under the patio !!! :p

Don't some now turn themselves off if they are not moving ? So when you hang them up or stick them down somewhere then they stop transmitting. It's actually quite staggering that car manufactures could come up with something that is so easy to defeat.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,373 Posts
About 3 years ago we had someone round about car theft (civilian plod, whatever they are called). Someone had been round at night trying car door handles, and it had been reported. He came and asked if we had a CCTV camera (we do, but only at ground level to look at the hedgehogs and foxes we get in the front garden, so it had recorded his legs). He said one of your neighbours tells me you have a GT-R, so we advise you to keep it in the garage (which I do) and put your keys in a faraday bag (again, which I do).

Then a couple of months later, he came back again (plod, that is) to say the man had been caught and charged with endless attempted car thefts. I was actually quite impressed that they came back and told us.

·
Registered
521 Posts

T
Plenty of good advice here. An Autowatch Ghost saved my GTR 3 years ago. There are other alternative immobilisers that will do a similar job.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Looks good. I think mechanical devices that slow down the physical movement of the car/bike are best. They act as a deterrent, make a thief think twice (do they want the extra effort) and are usually pretty cheap (though can be a hassle to carry when not in use). But if they want it, they'll take it, and so tracking devices can be good (to a degree). I think car security has pretty much come full circle now with people supplementing electronic devices with old fashion tech that works.

·
Vendor
3,842 Posts
Buy a motion sensor off eBay and put the siren in the house, you can add additional sensors for the shed or other vehicles.

·
R35 Section manager
11,268 Posts
Plenty of good advice here. An Autowatch Ghost saved my GTR 3 years ago. There are other alternative immobilisers that will do a similar job.

Had mine fitted recently as well. Money well spent

1 - 20 of 27 Posts