GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guy's, this is your call.:flame:

I want your opinions on who you guy's think is the most improved trackday warrior over the last 12 months.:smokin: Or, (as I'm sure Robbie will suggest....), the worst trackday driver.:rolleyes:

The GTROC will be awarding a trophy at the AGM and mominations for this are required from you all.

It's your club, so I think you guy's should have your say.:bowdown1: (If there is a tie, then the regional trackday reps will call it, but I'd rather that didn't happen.:eek: ).

Your vote would be mucho apprciated.:chuckle: Get voting chaps.

Andy.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
I've surely won Best Crash, so I'll give someone else a chance, as it rules me out of Most Improved anyway. lol

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's me winning a £5er. I knew either you or Robbie would be first to comment Iain.:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
12,033 Posts
lol mate. Are Peter, Harry etc included, ie, Time Attack, or is it a strictly an amateur club member affair? Out of the GTROCers, I think Robbie has probably done the most trackdays and I would have to begrudgingly :)chuckle: ) give him my vote.

And you can put that fiver to good use in the bar at Oulton Park!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol mate. Are Peter, Harry etc included, ie, Time Attack, or is it a strictly an amateur club member affair? Out of the GTROCers, I think Robbie has probably done the most trackdays and I would have to begrudgingly :)chuckle: ) give him my vote.

And you can put that fiver to good use in the bar at Oulton Park!
It's open to any GTROC member that has done more than One trackday this year, (otherwise we couldn't gauge improvement.).:smokin:

·
Registered
889 Posts
sorry only done one track this year, so cant comment, but dave wilkes was there getting good advice, and has done well in his comps this year.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think this a tough call tbh.
:( That's why I'm asking for comments Dave!!!!:confused:

I've got my own opinion, but I don't think it would be fair for me to solely say who should get the award.:rolleyes:

Come on guys...........:runaway: I need your support.:D

·
12,033 Posts
Andy,

My short list would be, in no particular order:

Robbie Horne
Peter Everett
Dave Wilkins
David Harrison

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Really hard to have an opinion on this one guys without having seen enough of everyone this year. I'd count me out though

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Um excuse me Sir, but i was going around a corner at the time.(4 times this year) however i was told by Don Palmer that my driving had greatly improved over our training day:chuckle: . Anyway spinning is an art especially when you dont worry about doing it anymore because you know the car will take it in its stride.

So my vote is for Daz who had never done a track day before we got to Bruntingthorpe gave it his all, destroyed his clutch, SPUN WHILST DRIVING IN A STRAIGHT LINE and still went home with a smile on his face.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just in case you guys aren't aware, the "Track" needs to include the 1/4 mile boys and the loud buggers in the Time Attack. :bowdown1:

I think that just made things a lot worse:chuckle: ..........................:flame:

There are loads of very good performances this year and all need to be taken into account.

Andy.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
errrrr.... what about Andy Hornsby, David Greenhalgh, Andy Barnes, Darren Bly, Syd Bennett, **** Begley, Mark Gillam and Ian Matthews..... to name but a few

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Can you be more specific in the phrase "most improved trackday warrior over the last 12 months."
I finished 9th in my championship last year, moved class (as I hate road tyres on the track) and finished 21st this year:mad: Points wise, I was (virtually) chasing 600bhp audi quattros and full race TVR Tuscans:eek:
The competition on the day was not like that and I only was beaten once.
Difficult to say whether I improved much. If I had competed in Time Attack I would have found out. At TOTB I was running 350bhp so did [email protected]:mad:
My nominations are for people I stood up and clapped for this year. I was really pleased for Tim and John. Peter has always been a good driver, as has Darren. As they were good to start with, it is hard to say that they have improved. Peters trophy collection is notable this year:bowdown1: I have not really seen others do trackdays so cannot comment on their ability to not crash:eek: :chuckle:
Just think you should be a bit more specific, get some more names (we are doing nicely now) and then do a vote:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts