GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

has anyone got a tool fro removing this ?
Also how to relieve the pressure in the system ?
The manual doesn’t give anything nor the GTR USA blog.

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
Disconnect battery. Open bleed nipple on Attessa unit above diff to release pressure. I bought the Steelman socket but ended up dropping the whole diff out as I had to replace some plates in my ATS LSD at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Disconnect battery. Open bleed nipple on Attessa unit above diff to release pressure. I bought the Steelman socket but ended up dropping the whole diff out as I had to replace some plates in my ATS LSD at the same time.
How did you get the canister off without the socket? I have the diff and subframe out with the pump assembly hanging by bungee cords and the steelman socket coming in the mail but I cannot turn this thing by hand nor can I find anything else in the garage to grip it with. I guess I have to wait for and modify the socket after all?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it out with one of the three legged oil filter tools and a a few extensions. It was well in there tho needed a big breaker bar

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got it out with one of the three legged oil filter tools and a a few extensions. It was well in there tho needed a big breaker bar
I just bought the three prong oil filter socket and that worked but it turned the upper canister only and of course when I unthreaded the thing fired off. Still had tons of pressure. Then for the base I used a 9” C clamp on the flats. I guess the best way to save the old canister as a spare would be the modified steelman socket.

·
Registered
588 Posts
where do you get new cannisters from? my local nissan dealer didn't recognise the part number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts