GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone explain what's the use of this device ?
what advantage will I get if I purchase the Attesa Controller ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am one of those who find the power oversteer before the Attessa kicks into action a hairy experience. So, I installed the controller - HKS Electronic Torque Split Controller. What it does is as stated by Guy. I could set the torque split up to 50:50 ratio. On the track, I stick with 30:70 ratio and it works wonders. The car would go into a corner faster than when the ETC is switched off and on coming out there's none of the oversteer shite I fear so much! To me, it is the single most important mod I did to my GTR!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
ETC

R33,
I was after one a few years ago as I too, (at the time), was unnerved by 1.6 tons traveling sidways. I have since got used to it and quite enjoy wet roundabouts. :D :D :D
I was put off at the last minute by people telling me that the ETC would wear out the front clutch pack! :( :confused: :confused:
Have you heard this or had any problems??

·
Registered
530 Posts
oversteer

:smokin: :smokin:
Yeh Scott I know what you mean.......there's nothing quite like using the passenger side window as your windscreen!!!
There is a particularly good R'about just off the A3 at Ripley. (I'm sure alot of you will know it) its an elongated circle and particularly when wet you can glide around on power oversteer just tickling the throttle to adjust the direction. You find yourself doing it several times just because you can!! (clearly when its quiet with no other road users!!!! )
In my humble opinion its this kind of thing that gives the GT-R soul
wroestar

·
Registered
85 Posts
Driving with your side window as the windscreen!LOL...I did that once on the track....my balls shrank by half!:D I find it much faster taking corners with the ETC on. But last weekend, a pro racer drove my gtr without the ETC and it was a blast! Tha car really drifted and it was lotsa fun. Now I am learning how to power drift like that. Before I am capable, I will stick with the ETC.

I'd heard about wearing out the front clutch. I have had the ETC for about 5 mths now and I always use it at 30:70 ratio. No such thing. Check with HKS Japan, they said no such thing. :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts