GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own an R32 GTR, and I am looking to reduce as much weight as I can from the car. I understand that the attesa awd system is quite heavy.
Does anyone know exactly how much it weighs? and if repleacing the factory drive shift with a lighter one would be worth it?

Thanks,
Nolan

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
The attessa system is an integral part of the handling heavy or not,

Unless you are really serious I would think its not worth doing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see,
I know I might sound like a complete noob(which I mostly am)
but, would swapping out the drive shaft for a lighter one(like carbon fiber) create any significant change?
Not the whole attesa system, just the drive shaft

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Yes it probably would make a difference but it would cost £££s .
So unless your car is producing seriously big power. I suspect there will be much better ways of spending your money. (I dont know many 600bhp skylines with carbon drive shafts)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
I always thought that carbon props were about lighter rotating masses to get the engine to spin up quicker.

If you're looking at handling and you want to save weight then combine the two and buy some very light wheels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Correct, a CF driveshaft will get you quicker throttle response, also reducing the overall weight of your car as well. If you are looking for better handling stripping dead weight or lighter wheels will be the ticket. You need your attessa system, without it your car will be RWD only.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Seen a decent gtr with a brand new cf driveshaft.. launch - snap. My opinion, don't lighten anything in the drivetrain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts