GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if you get any of the magazine's that this poster is being advertised in. Its an Ad for BF Goodrich tires. But after joining the board I noticed an amazing similarity between the cars. :D

You can still buy these posters from an 800 number that I can provide if anyone is interested. I don't think shipping would be more expensive for you b/c its included. You just call and give them an address and a credit card number, then 2-3 weeks later you have Blowdog's car hanging on your wall (leaning up against it in my case :D)

Price: $7.50 Dimensions: 24x36

Regards - Jon

Minus all the carbon bits of course ;)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Poster

Cems car looks even more similar now he's got the standard bonnet on again.

I'd like a copy of the poster, I've seen it many times in Sport Compact Car and Import Tuner - whats the phone number?

Guy

·
Registered
961 Posts
please can i have one of those phone numbers or posters !

thats a nice poster

S

·
0 Posts
/Scooby Doo voice and slobber..

..yeahyeahyeahyeah...

Cool, I could do with knowing where I can get a copy of that too!:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
In case you guys are wondering, that car in the poster is a 2001 V-spec II.

I chatted with the owner in a Nissan event at the Nissan headquarter in Los Angeles, California 2 months ago.

Jon, got a question for you, I don't know anything about the 3000GT VR4, what kind of power can the 6G72 reliably run at without touching the bottom end of the engine? How strong is the tranny and drivetrain?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The number is 800-525-0613 just tell them you want to buy the Nissan Skyline poster (or the blue one)... ENJOY

Jeff - in response to your questions (not an easy answer really) Lets just say that the 3000GT/Stealth trannys are not world renowned from their toughness and durability :rolleyes:

As far as power goes: the fastests 3000GT/Stealth in the USA belongs to a shop in Maryland and they ran a 10.78 @ 133. Street driven car (I think, definitely not setup for drag only though.) There is a daily driven car that used to be the fastests at a 10.88 in New Mexico. I am not sure what kinda hp #'s they are putting down. But they are still AWD. These cars are the cousin of the 3000GT, the Stealth RT/TT (same thing as a VR4/GTO). One of the biggest downfalls of the car besides the transmission is the weight. My car for example: Me, 1/4 tank of fuel, and car weigh 4290lbs :eek:

I am not an expert. The owners club/forum for 3000GT/Stealth: http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/index.php

You might be able to get some answers there, but don't believe everything you read. My car right now stock turbos, stock fuel, stock trans might be making about 400hp at the flywheel.

I think the engine itself is reliable. I think it can handle a lot of power, but unfortunately the transmission is the weak link. If something is going to go wrong on the car, assuming you have properly maintained the engine and everything else, my money is on having transmission issue before any type of engine problems. Most people when planning on seriously increasing the performance of their car, have to include transmission upgrades. It just isn't a strong part of the car. :rolleyes:

P.s. I could discuss this more at length, but I don't want to get this thread TOO off topic. But please feel free to ask any other questions. If I can't answer them, I am sure I could point in the right direction.

Later, Jon

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jon I do not wish to offend you, but I would advise others to be carefull about calling up a tel no. in the US with there CC No. provided by someone who has been not been registered very long on this site. It would not take much to figure out that anyone with a newish Skyline might have quite a bit of dosh or a large credit limit. As someone once said...

The internet? The possibilitys for fraud are endless!

(sat here hoping I am wrong)

G

B

·
0 Posts
i see that you have been registered in the forum's for a long time too i do agree with you though, i mean no one should give out their credit card number just for a poster.the poster look's good though.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
R32gts4skyline,

Good point you have there, there are lots of fraud on the internet.

I am also from the U.S., I just checked in a magazine, the phone number Jon913D posted up is the correct and valid phone number for ordering that poster. If anyone want to check for themselves, that ad is in most of the major U.S. car related magazine.

Jon913D..........thank you for your answer to my question, seems like the 6-speed Getrag just won't hold much power in a 4WD application :( It seems to work fine in the 2WD MKIV Supra though.

Jeff

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know guys - I didn't even think about that with the CC fraud and all. I have been on Supraforums and 3si for a while I forgot I was new here. Sorry to scare some of you! :D

I just wanted to share this information with you being that it is a pretty nice poster and all. I would kill for a poster like this of my car. I understand being new and all, but I am not trying to scam anyone, and I am not selling these myself. :)

bnr34vspec2 - As a fellow US resident - Thank you for checking and verifying the number for me. I have had the poster for a while now and I just wanted to share

Again - I apologize

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Jon,

You are welcome, I have the magazine anyway, all I did was look up the number, not a big deal at all.

You don't need to apologize to anyone, you did nothing wrong.

R32gts4skyline was just trying to be careful, it is the right thing to do.

We are lucky this forum is full of nice people.

Jeff :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jon as Jeff has said, there is no need for an apology from you. I hope this has not put you off continueing to help others on the GTR Forum in the future.

G

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No not at all - just kind of embrassed by the newbie mistake!! :rolleyes:

I am curious though... is anyone planning on ordering the poster? Have they gotten one already? Jeff? I can't possibly be the only one with it!! :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Jon,

No offence, but I am not interested in that poster.

I am not a fan of that Nismo body kit and all the graphics and stickers on the body of that car.

The car and the rims is nice though.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Yeah, saw that advert in an american car magazine, Turbo or something I can't remember, I stole it from Guys house.

That's what made me decide on the wheels.

Cem

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Blow Dog said:
Yeah, saw that advert in an american car magazine, Turbo or something I can't remember, I stole it from Guys house.

That's what made me decide on the wheels.

Cem
LMAO!!!! :D

Well the car looks good Cem. :cool: That ad has probably been in most American car magazines by now. But you would be surprised by the people that don't even know what that car is?!?!

I have people approach me with no idea what I drive :rolleyes:

Piggaz - You'd have to call and ask them. Don't see why not. I know the do sell out of certain posters. I don't know if this one is still available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts