GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey DCD , you took some shots about the Garage Kagotani´s GTR some ago, and you can tell that the rims they used on the photoshoot instead of the TE37´s , are quite nice , but i can tell what rims are those. Can you tell me about them?

tell me if im wrong , but i can read "DR 505" , its that a custom lip? , looks very very nice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Those are made by RAYS I beleive they were prototypes they put on for the shot of the car. The style is now being used on gram light wheels and they are not cheap. They do add that extra "FLASH" to the car. Should be a popular style with the drift crowd. BTW that skyline crushes hopes and dreams. I would love to see more pics or video.

Jon

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
prototypes from RAYS huh. it could be, they do look like GL´s 57Pro but you can see the DR cap , thats whats bothering me :chuckle: hehehe.

yeah , that GTR its really nice, it laps Tsukuba un low 57´s , but you can find MINE´S GTR in that area, still too far from NAMS and Autoselect.

·
Registered
175 Posts
prototypes from RAYS huh. it could be, they do look like GL´s 57Pro but you can see the DR cap , thats whats bothering me :chuckle: hehehe.

yeah , that GTR its really nice, it laps Tsukuba un low 57´s , but you can find MINE´S GTR in that area, still too far from NAMS and Autoselect.
Well I know they couldn't drive on those wheels becase it would hit the caliper. :chuckle:

But the new RE30 is looking mighty good. :smokin:

Link to the size chart.
RE30

·
Registered
304 Posts
Project Mu now makes calipers that look like those rims now to. RE30's are Awesome. I have a black set on order here in the states. Can't wait to get them.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hey DCD , you took some shots about the Garage Kagotani´s GTR some ago, and you can tell that the rims they used on the photoshoot instead of the TE37´s , are quite nice , but i can tell what rims are those. Can you tell me about them?

http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/GK-R34-014.jpg

http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/GK-R34-032.jpg

http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/GK-R34-131.jpg

tell me if im wrong , but i can read "DR 505" , its that a custom lip? , looks very very nice.

Here is a qoute from Dino himself about the rims,

Rays Team Daytona Racing DR505, Top Secret just uses them, they had nothing to do with the idea of the titanium-look rim insert

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I inquired about them a while ago when I first saw them, it is an Iridium finish.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I know they couldn't drive on those wheels becase it would hit the caliper. :chuckle:

But the new RE30 is looking mighty good. :smokin:
i know :chuckle: thats why they use TE37´s for track day.

yeah , the new RE30s looks very nice. I hope to see them in some cars soon , to make a real opinion :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts