GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Sept 09 GTR was working fine this morning but this afternoon the radio doesn't come on and when I go in to the menus the voice guidance and all audio options are greyed out.

Has anyone else had this?

It thought the system had just crashed so disconnected the battery. No luck.
I then thought maybe it was a fuse. All seem to fine, including the one marked audio.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Go to your nearest HPC and have the system replaced under Nissans extended 5 year warranty on the AV system.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
CC,

Apologies if this has been asked before but do you know if the replacement system fixes the problem long term?
Very good question buddy to which I sadly do it know the answer. I would have asked MH whether the part numbers have changed but given how the new improved Bellhousing part from Nissan is just as rubbish as the old, failing part, I don't assume anything anymore.

In fairness there just hasn't been enough failures to really get any idea.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Very good question buddy to which I sadly do it know the answer. I would have asked MH whether the part numbers have changed but given how the new improved Bellhousing part from Nissan is just as rubbish as the old, failing part, I don't assume anything anymore.

In fairness there just hasn't been enough failures to really get any idea.
The Bellhousing saga is exactly why I asked the question - spot on!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
The Bellhousing saga is exactly why I asked the question - spot on!
Dont forget the headlight saga as well...

·
Registered
992 Posts
I had my head unit replaced under warranty on my 09 and its not a new part it's been reconditioned by alpine so who knows, however my advice would be to pay for the fault finding that way you get your statutory 1 year warranty because you in effect paid for it. I had to argue with nissan because they said to me mine had already been replaced therefore the fix was sorted..... Even though it was a different fault

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Me id just go in and get it changed now.

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
The MFD will log a fault code which the NHPC can detect on their Consult kit. When I had mine replaced at Slough Indie checked it before contacting Nissan so he had the details of what was wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.