GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:)
I recently bought a 2009 gt-r and everything was working just fine for a couple of days, untill cd-player stopped working. I tried googling around, and found something about a hidden menu. Tried that, got some diagnostics that said I had a problem with the "Control unit". There were som errors under "error history" too (AV comm circuit 0 and Internal communication error 0)
Under AV COMM diagnosis it said " unknwn" on some of them, can't remember wich.

Anyway, disconnected the battery for about half an hour, checked all the uses and everything seems go be ok. Error codes are now gone, but it still says "Audio off" under status, and there is no sound from speakers... cd is also stuck in player. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Where are you located? May be worth posting this information in case anybody local can help.

Also, maybe try calling Middlehurst NHPC or Litchfield to see if they can help / advise.

Did you buy the car privately or from a garage / trader / NHPC? If either of the last two, they may be liable (for selling you a faulty item) so see what the above say and maybe take the car back. If it was private though, this may not be an option but you could contact the seller and ask if they had similar problems before and how they fixed it.

Good luck getting it sorted :thumbsup: Welcome to the forum and I hope that you enjoy the car (audio issue aside :))

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hello:)
I recently bought a 2009 gt-r and everything was working just fine for a couple of days, untill cd-player stopped working. I tried googling around, and found something about a hidden menu. Tried that, got some diagnostics that said I had a problem with the "Control unit". There were som errors under "error history" too (AV comm circuit 0 and Internal communication error 0)
Under AV COMM diagnosis it said " unknwn" on some of them, can't remember wich.

Anyway, disconnected the battery for about half an hour, checked all the uses and everything seems go be ok. Error codes are now gone, but it still says "Audio off" under status, and there is no sound from speakers... cd is also stuck in player. Thanks for any help!
It may be covered under the extended 5 year warranty that applies to some VIN numbered cars, per Sat Nav I think?

As Evolution above says, contact Middlehurst with the reg for clarification.

Take it you have checked all the appropriate fuses in the fuse box?

Think there is 2 or 3 that apply to the Audio system

Hope you get it sorted and keep us all posted

Satan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I think I have checked them all ( under the hood, side of left leg on drivers side and in the door panel on drivers side?) I live in northern norway, so I don't think there is any gt-r owners around here as I have never even seen an r35 here. I will try to contact Middlehurst NHPC to see if they have any tips.

Aside from the audio problem, the car is absolutely fantastic:) Cannot compare it to anything else I've ever driven!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts