GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I've only had the car a few weeks and I've got issues with what I think is the audio.
Basically, over the last 5 days or so, when I turn off the car, the screen goes off but the sound continues to play for maybe 10 seconds after that. Since this started happening, on 2 separate occasions I've gone to the car and the battery is flat. I've replaced the battery and this one has gone flat too.

Could this be faulty audio and it's causing the battery to run flat. The car is a 59 plate premium. Just seemed too much of a coincidence that since the audio began to do this, the battery has started to go flat.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi guys
I've only had the car a few weeks and I've got issues with what I think is the audio.
Basically, over the last 5 days or so, when I turn off the car, the screen goes off but the sound continues to play for maybe 10 seconds after that. Since this started happening, on 2 separate occasions I've gone to the car and the battery is flat. I've replaced the battery and this one has gone flat too.

Could this be faulty audio and it's causing the battery to run flat. The car is a 59 plate premium. Just seemed too much of a coincidence that since the audio began to do this, the battery has started to go flat.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks
John
Not read of this before but sounds like you're probably right.
Contact dealer and get it checked. Should be 5 year warranty on audio.

Satan

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read 1 thread on GTR-life about the same issue and turned out to be the MFD, but that's the only one I have found.

Theses something definately pulsing that's derailing the battery. I charged it up today and then left my multi-meter on it for around 4hrs, when I went to check it, it was pulsing between 8.7 and 8.4 volts. I then disconnected the battery earth and checked it again and it sat at a steady 10.4v, which confirms something pulling current.
Just seems too much of a coincidence that the battery began to go flat when the MFD began to play up.
Would it be possible to pull the MFD fuses out to take that out of the equation. Can anyone tell me where that specific fuse is. I know there is 2 audio amp fuses and an audio mirror fuse in the drivers kick panel. Is there a specific fuse for the MFD.

I rang my local NPC today but the warranty manager is off sick but back tomorrow so wanting for a call back.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got some movement on this now.
So what I've done is pulled the 2 x 20amp audio amp fuses from the drivers kick panel and also the audio fuse from the engine bay fuse box next to the battery. I left the battery connected to see if there was any power drain over a period of time and it's very very minimal. Over the last 3hrs I've only seen a voltage drop of 0.01v on the multimeter. Earlier today, I checked the same with the audio fuses still in place and I had a voltage drop of 4 volts and as you could see by the video I posted above, the current draw was pulsing.

This seems to confirm the fact that the MFD is faulty.
Any views on this??

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I'll be asking Arcam tomorrow, mate. Will keep you posted :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts