GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I purchase some new speakers for '33 from Retail outlet...best to ask the question here 1st. Anybody got "any"??? At present the car has rear speakers only after previous owner ripped out "his" system. Head unit is a Kenwood KDC-3080R. Can you fit a cd multiplay to it?? If so (again) anybody got anything for sale??? Be gentle with me ...just had "bottom end" rebuild + new steel turbos fitted at Middlehurst..."so running in"...with a considerably lighter pocket.
Not looking to compete in any "ICE" competition but I do like to croon with Vera Lynn.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Kenwood 3080

Warning: Non-expert opinion!
Not listed on Kenwood europe, so probably an older model, possibly replaced by the 3090 (?). Any decent car audio shop should be able to tell you what'll go with it, and providing you're not after multipart installs, I reckon you should be able to get door bins & a 10 slot changer out of £400, with some beer money left over.

·
Registered
364 Posts
hi, i know the store is a bit crumby but halfords are selling jvc head units with ten or twelve stack changers for £189.99.

·
Registered
865 Posts
John your head unit has the din connection at the rear so couldn't see a problem with a kenwood europe autochanger not working? If u go to any audio outlet like Sextons or Halfords they should pull out a autochanger and try before u buy.

As for the speakers mate I think i have some standard GTR ones here if u get stuck? Also JasonP should have standard ones also if u do get stuck? Let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts