GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having problems with my audio, I've spoken to my local NHPC, and the warranty manager has told me that not all models are covered by the audio 5yr warranty. He's took my chassis number and is going to check.

Is this correct, or is he trying to fob me off here.
Any advice would be great as I feel he's going to try and sting me for for the cost of a new unit.

Cheers
John

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Phone Nissan UK mate, it's covered as a 5 year warranty on Audio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 5 year extended warranty on the radio unit and speedometer is only on certain chassis numbers (pre sat nav).

J

·
Registered
785 Posts
I was told its covered but only if its been serviced every 6 month etc etc. Like they service the Audio unit lol.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 5 year extended warranty on the radio unit and speedometer is only on certain chassis numbers (pre sat nav).

J
I've just spoke to Jurgen at JM-imports and he tells me it's all the sat nav models that are covered.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just spoke to Nissan UK (who weren't much help), the guy tells me he wasn't aware of any warranty extensions but has created a case for me and taken my VIN number. So guy called Joe is going to ring me back about it.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I've just spoke to Nissan UK (who weren't much help), the guy tells me he wasn't aware of any warranty extensions but has created a case for me and taken my VIN number. So guy called Joe is going to ring me back about it.
It's ridiculous how hopeless they are. How can they not know about warranty extension? I thought it was common knowledge.

Hopefully it's something simple to fix once tracked down and it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a non Nav MY09, head unit failed and got it replaced under warranty 1 month before the 5 years run out,

looking at the GTR forum you can apparently buy a replacement power card from clarion for approx £400

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
They were kind enough to tell me my car had a steering lock recall.
They did same for me and sent me a letter.

I should say 3 months after it failed and they refused to admit it was an issue even though I said what about the USA and Japan recalls?

Litchfield did a 6 hour trip to replace after sourcing the part from America quicker than Nissan UK could provide!

So as you can imagine I was really pleased 3 months later to be told of this 'known' problem.

Nissan customer care is by far the worst I've experienced and once upon a time I flew with Ryanair! Need I say more :chuckle:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I have a non Nav MY09, head unit failed and got it replaced under warranty 1 month before the 5 years run out,

looking at the GTR forum you can apparently buy a replacement power card from clarion for approx £400
Now that's more like it.
Do you have a link for that please?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Now that's more like it.
Do you have a link for that please?
If you're still within the 5 yr period I would go to another garage and get them to do it. Cambridge sorted it and it took 7 days to get the replacement

if you do a search on the American gtr site, from memory the guy simply got the part number and then rang clarion who are the ones that extended the warranty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts