GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nice one Dave, me thinks Duke may be getting an order !

Daz

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bathurst 1992

This race is one of the best ever,sunshine,rain,hail stones and at the end more rain than I think I`ve ever seen.

Holdens,Ford Falcons,Ford Cosworths,BMW`s and of course the mighty R32.

This is also the race where Denny Hulme ex formula One world champion from New Zealand died at the wheel of his car from heart failure doing 180mph down the "conrod "straight.

The video is nearly two hours long. My number one race,
Guy has it at the moment,I`ll get him to post details if its a Duke Video,
Henry.:)

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Ner Ner,

I've got 1990 & 1992 Bathurst, 1991 & 1992 Australian Touring Cars. :D

Excellant videos, a must have for the Skyline enthusiast :)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Good video, I've had ot for years ! Skylines ran with weight penalty; still won !
Also got the 1991 video. Donno if you still can get it but it worthwhile too. Also if you can get your hands on any around-1990 24h Bathurst video's: get them !

Andre.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was at bathurst in 91 & 92, i remember drooling over the gtr's
and wishing i had one, they looked and sounded mean. well now i have an r32 10 years down the track.just for interest sake the no 18 shell sierra was driven by my uncle and he had a great duel with the second winfield gtr for much of the race

thanks michael

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
GTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Must have been great man ! The video's are awesome !
Is your uncle John Bowe ? Or Dick Johnson ? Must have a look at the video's again.....

Andre.

·
Registered
17 Posts
re shell sierra's

Hi Somberg,

My uncle is Terry Shiel he co drove in both 91 & 92, i think john bowe started the race in the no 18 car then swapped in the 17 car with dick johnson.he also co drove the [peter jackson] skyline dr30 that had pole at bathurst in 86 and came third in 87 after the eggenberger sierra's wrere disqualified.

thanks michael

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Hi Michael

I do remember that Bowe drove in two cars, yes. And the name Terry Shiel does ring a bell.

Andre.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,599 Posts
Duke Skyline vids.

Glad you like the vid guys.

They must be running out now in Oz.

When I ordered mine 2 years ago Duke thought they may be deleted.

I guess our interest is keeping production going.

Mind you I'm STILL waiting for the ultimate Duke Video Skyline guide......... US LOT!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts