GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell was that then!! I have no more respect for Ferrari after that stuuuupid decision!!!:mad: Kind of makes you wonder what the whole point is anymore....where is all the competition gone?? Where has motorsport racing gone???

Sorry, but I just can't be arsed watching F1 anymore!

:mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
It was a joke, what more can you say.

In my opinion it goes completely against the ethics of sport, not just motor racing but ANY competitive sport. You get caught fixing the results in any other sport and you're thrown out / fined heavily. I expect ferrari will get a slap on the wrists and that'll be that.

Disgusting.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
905 Posts
Saw that one coming, but didn't believe they'de have the balls to do it, but thats the Ferrari team all over...... Remember when maclaren did it, all the hell that was raised, cheating disqualification etc, lets see if the FIA have the cohonas to stand up to ferrari...... whats the betting????

My guess is NO

·
Registered
719 Posts
F1 is a joke - I gave up watching a long time ago. I only watch it between programmes on the other sides and hence it's only just less tedious than watching adverts. Grew up watching it, have a shed full of Autosport back issues etc etc but Senna's death was an end of an era, IMO (but maybe I'm a tad biased). Can't believe people still pay money to watch it - although I guess that most people are more interested in the cars rather then the buffoons that drive 'em.

Talat.

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
I am not a great enthusiast of F1 but will happily watch occasionally, but this year has not been too good and this rahter selfish decision took any joy in an otherwise good race, RB was the better driver all week-end. It was his win and he gave it away, he has been cowed into doing the one thing a 'racer' has the greatest pride in, his will to win, being in the lead and having it snatched from you by fate shows how much the will to win controls a drivers mind, (Hakkinen in tears of frustration a few years back) to do this to RB was an awful thing, he will not be able to shrug it off, it will eat away at him.

Shumacher has lost face, he really has, and that will effect the whole team, things will be a little 'clumsy' at the next race, it will be interesting to watch the pit area at Monaco.

Booing at the end of the race for Ferrari and Shumacher, unique moment, very bad end to the race.

Ralf Shumachers face said it all, he actually looked embarrassed at his brothers result, but then aren't we all.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have been too busy so far this year to watch F1.
Imagine my disappointment today whenI took time out from domestic chores to watch the farce.
I think they should reverse the order of the grid it could make it more interesting....anything would make it more interesting...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Pegleg, I agree - F1 has got so dull with all the politics, rules, safety, launch control, traction control, auto boxes etc, etc....

Si (Draxx) got it right when he calls it the world steering championships!

Rubens has been sitting in Schumachers shadow for far too long, but I'm not sure Schumi is the one to point the finger at this time (and I'm not a big Schumi fan). I'm thinking maybe he took team orders to blow the Ferrari politics out into the open? - Just a thought.

Caroline

·
Registered
211 Posts
So why did they invent teams in F1 then?
I don't like it either but a team is a team and when the team wants to play all the options it can why shouldn't they?
Shumi is the one with the points, Barrichello is not.
I think it should have been better to change Rubens wheels twice at the last pitstop, it would have left a better impression.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
F1? World Superbikes were on at the same time. Two of the top four places were 1000'th second apart and 2/3/4th place were still swapping places on the last corners. Edge of the seat stuff especially the back end out at 150 mph near the end!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have never liked M. Schumacher anyway. Although I hand it to the guy, he is the most sucessful F1 driver and is a legend in his own lifetime...but there is no glory in taking points like that.

He would have won the crowd's admiration if he had ignored the pit call and allowed Rubens the well-deserved victory.
Imagine how soul-destroying it must be for Rubens when they tell him to "Let the wookie win"

It's a farce and it will signal the end of F1.
I will not be watching any more.

:(

·
Registered
719 Posts
Teamwork ?

John,

Your point would only be valid if the drivers championship didn't exist - then F1 would be a true team sport. As it stands it isn't a true team sport as you have participants striving for individual glory with the success of the team being a by product.

I think the whole point is that the sport (if you can call it that) is on a downward spiral among enthusiasts and todays turn of events isn't going to help matters. At least it's got people talking about F1 again.

Talat.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry I agree with John.

They are employed by the team, and the team call the shots.

Sure there is a drivers championship but thats why the decision was made to ensure it goes to a Ferrari, Ruby is only 4th at the mo.

Also he was always aware when he took the job on, he would be second to Shu, and would have to defer to him.

He tows the company line and thats partly why he got another two year contract which helps his bank account, and correct me if Im wrong but not many get a second chance, simply because they dont tow the company line (Irvine springs to mind).

It wasn't a great spectacle I know, but there is also the fact they were not allowed to scrap, which also meant Schu wasnt allowed to go after him in the first place.....

For me I'll be happy when Schu wins the Championship it so then it can become open season.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Talat, if the drivers were "striving for individual glory" it wouldn't have happened. As for the team, they had 1st and second in the bag anyway. Surely the "TEAM" is aiming to win the constructors championship, and they are not lacking points there.
The real issue is that Michael ( Ralphs older brother) cuts too much weight with Ferrari, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Schumy who made the call for Rubens to move over.

Mr. Nice Guy huh.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Actually you're right. I was thinking about when teams employed 2 good drivers with each one wanting to win the championship for themselves. This isn't the situation at Ferrari and thus RB deserves everything he gets. So I stand corrected.

Talat.

·
Registered
961 Posts
i onlt watch the replays if i hear thers been a huge crash
eg spar 1997
twice they had massive pile ups on both starts !
its too perfect now !
no room for error and regulations and safety are just overwelming !
i am gonna stop typing about it now as that is just as boring!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts