GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where does upgrade work for auto boxes? I keep reading about all these americans that keep uprating there autos and I cant seem to find anyone in the UK good enough to do anything.

Any Ideas?

Oh I had an idea but didnt know if it would be feesable, would it be possibe to ad some kind of control, electronically to an auto to make it semi sequential, ie switch or button control, dont know much about em, and not sure what controls the gear change is i electronic?

any ideas or thought would be cool guys and gals!:D

Si

·
Registered
865 Posts
As for upgrades it can be expensive and not really worth while as the cost would be silly and would be better off looking at a manual conversion as it can be done for 1k or less.

As for the semi sequential gears etc don't think it possible, maybe through the 'Drive' but couldn't see the auto box ecu allowing it to be overided.

The US are years ahead with auto boxes as 90% of there cars use them, and as u know in this country auto box's ain't cheap to buy, repair, or upgrade. If u have the money go for the manual conversion as you'll get far better gearing.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Si,

Is your GTS4 Auto!? ... Racelogic did a paddle operated semi-auto system called "SwitchLogic", worked on BMWs and Mercs etc... Give em' a buzz, they may be able to help you out. Speak to Chris or Julian.

Cheers,

Dan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There maybe options...

If your Skyline has the Jatco RE4R03A autobox(as fitted to the Z32 300ZX) then there maybe options:

There are various upgrades by various companies, HKS produce an upgrade kit to handle more power as well as the HKS ALC2 which modifies shift points for a quicker shift.
HKS ALC: http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=641

SE Nissan can upgrade a 300ZX autobox to handle more power also for approx £1,500(yep its alot).

Many of the 300ZX owners get larger oil coolers fitted when upgrading the auto trans as the oil cooler for the gearbox is built into the rad in the 300ZX so maybe the same in the auto Skyline.

There is also a steering wheel shift system developed by a 300ZX enthusiast. This allows you to change up and down via buttons mounted on the wheel(I think paddles are coming out soon):

...for more info: http://www.ess-racing.com/

But, this is all assuming the autobox in your Skyline is the Jatco RE4R03A type, but the Nissan Maxima also uses the Jatco RE4 type so yours maybe similar.
Hope this helps,
Trev

My 91 300ZX TT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts