GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my ignorance, but does anyone know how long a clutch should last on an auto!!, there must be some sort of clutch mechanism on them, and when they go, is it an expensive job to replace. Maybe someone could put me right as to whether I am completely stupid in asking this question.

PaulP.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
autos

I was going to say that there will not be many autos on this site but... there was an R33 GTS auto on the track at the group b trackday at Castle Coombe last year so you will have to wait and see. If you get no reply, try and repost at a later date.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I used to run a LS400 lexus, which had 120,000miles on the clock, car was 10 year old as well, obviously not driven as hard, but had original clutch, I heard some peoples go on for 500,000 never herd of a clutch change though on an auto, the box wouldn't let it self get abused like you could with a manual.

suppose some of the gts guys with auto's would tell you more about the gts though, could be different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an r32 with an auto paul if I remember your car in N/A your auto should last 160 000 klms at least. the nissan auto's die like mine did when you start winding up boost as to a cost of rebuild Id be thinking 700 pound should be about the mark.
They also are desigined to be serviced every 100 000 klms.
I'm about to convert my car to manual cause my power is up a bit to around 280 hp and my auto died.

cheers
meggala

1 - 4 of 4 Posts