GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got myself a 2014 GTR & have noticed I don't have an off position for the headlights - only auto, sidelights & headlights. The manual shows there should be an off position which my switch has not got - just wondering if others have the same switch as all the ones I've seen have the off position.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that might have been the case as all the other cars I had been out in were 2013 & older. Strange that all the on line manuals even for the newer cars (2015+) show the off position off the switch.

Thanks for your help!!

·
Premium Member
5,838 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Why tho? EU rule i guess........
We obviously can't be trusted to turn our lights on and off.

The trouble with it is, if you want to briefly pull over at night and use sidelights, the bloody day time runners go to dazzling full brightness.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For me I just like to control when the lights are on or off as I almost pulled out in front of a car because his lights came on as he went under some trees & I thought he was flashing me to pull out.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
For me I just like to control when the lights are on or off as I almost pulled out in front of a car because his lights came on as he went under some trees & I thought he was flashing me to pull out.
Excellent point there, and that's just the lights, god only knows what chaos will ensue if self driving cars hit the roads. Despite huge investment, I believe they will flop on a Sinclair C5 epic scale!

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
I actually wish more cars lacked an off switch for headlights given the number of bellends driving around with no lights on after dark. Modern cars having brightly lit speedo clusters that are on regardless of headlight position mean morons dont realise they have no lights on. I guess I see at least 2 like this every day I drive.

I'd also make it mandatory for rear fog light switches to be automatically turned off when a car's engine is turned off. Again the number of blerts driving around with rear fog lights dazzling other drivers amazes me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts