GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OEM splitter is looking a bit battle scarred from all the speedbumps its met, and I'm looking into getting a replacement soon.

Would massivley appreciate it if anyone has pics of an R33 (pref white) with the Auto Select splitter fitted, I really cant make my mind up about it.

This one:

Thankyou!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alternatively if anyone has recommendations for other aftermarket splitters (with pics) I'd love to hear about them...

At the moment I'm running a stock front bumper so would prefer to stick with that and just replace the splitter.

Let’s hear your opinions/views!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have the AS splitter on my 32. Its a bit different to the 33 but has a similar kind of shape.
All i can say is its awesome.:cool:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good stuff! :thumbsup: did you colour match it to your car or keep it black?

This is my beastie:

I'm wondering what it would look like if I got the A/S splitter painted to match my car?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Mine is carbon, so i left it like that.
The carbon on white looks really well i think.
You should get a carbon splitter and leave it that way.
Your car would look soo aggresive with it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah ok, you definitely made the right choice to leave it unpainted if its Carbon :thumbsup: - have you got any pics of yours?

I'm so in two minds about the whole thing, its either the full on aggressive look with the A/S splitter, or something a little more subtle like the F1 carshop splitter:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have it on mine,i love it. I am not sure about carbon though i catch mine occasionally and it is fine but carbon cracks so easy.

By null,

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome guys - Thank you very much!!!

@asiasi: Noticed your in London - do you ever make it up the Ace? would love to see your car in the metal (and have a look at the splitter too!)

@kev_gtr: Thanks for the link! Thats one seriously mean looking 32 you've got there!

Out of interest how far does the splitter stick out from the bumper/the edge of the car at the sides?

·
Registered
557 Posts
My spitter comes out about 10-15mm at either side.
Its where it extends out at the front that is most noticible.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ah ok - the pics are quite deceptive as it looks like it sticks out at the sides by quite a bit. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
26,911 Posts
john, i supplied simon's splitter

if you want one il pop it in the next container and you can just pick it up

like simon did

saves you and me posting it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have it on mine,i love it. I am not sure about carbon though i catch mine occasionally and it is fine but carbon cracks so easy.
yup yup - it'll crack... most of the CF parts has to stay rigid to perform (bonnets, wings etc) but there's one way to stop them from cracking - make them a bit flexible. Not trying to advertise here - more of a advice. We've done few flexi splitters and we are doing flexi mud flaps all the time - if CF stays a tad flexible it'll scratch but it is very difficult to crack. We used that on front wings with great effect

bit long for a first post - hello everyone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts