GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We can professionally re-trim plastic or old looking leather steering wheels to the highest quality standards.

We use the the best quality materials (automotive leather & alcantara) and are able to make steering wheels in OEM style as well as we do custom orders .
If you would like to add some exclusive look to your car and improve driving comfort or your steering wheel has gone worn please get in touch with us.
There are lots of different options we can offer:

Napper leather
Perforated leather
Smooth leather
Printed leather
Alcantara - black or grey
Added thumb grips
Thicken grip

Prices: £199 + Delivery/Fitting if you are having your own wheel done, or px with one of ours. (£250 surcharge if PX)

Carbon dipped centre £70 fitted (Shown in the last 2 pictures)

Removal and fitting service offered at £35.

We can customise the wheels to your desired combination of materials and colours, even going to the extent of colour choice on the stitching and centre band.

Pm me any enquiries or questions.

Thanks

Chris

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
Hi Chris,
What can you do about the airbag section? Can that be retrimmed?

·
Registered
229 Posts
R33GTR

Hi Chris,

could you give me an idea how much it would cost to do my wheel in a similar style to the one in the second picture with a widened grip as well please?

Thanks,

Tom

205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chris,
What can you do about the airbag section? Can that be retrimmed?
We cannot do the air bag section because of the danger factor and how it will affect the air bags performance. Sorry. :flame:

205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chris,

could you give me an idea how much it would cost to do my wheel in a similar style to the one in the second picture with a widened grip as well please?

Thanks,

Tom
Hi Tom,

Image 2 £199 Plus £35 for widen grip, £234 all in for the job plus postage/fitting. Hope this helps.

Chris

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
I don't suppose you've got any pics of a typical Japanese (skyline) type wheel with airbag that's been re trimmed. I'm just concerned the wheel will look great but the airbag makes it look a mess

205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't suppose you've got any pics of a typical Japanese (skyline) type wheel with airbag that's been re trimmed. I'm just concerned the wheel will look great but the airbag makes it look a mess
No I havent sorry we have never re-trimmed a air bag.

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
No I havent sorry we have never re-trimmed a air bag.
sorry, there was a comma missing... re-read...

I don't suppose you've got any pics of a typical Japanese (skyline) type wheel with airbag, that's been re trimmed.

I'm just concerned the wheel will look great but the airbag makes it look a mess

I know the airbag can't be re-trimmed but it'll be 20 year old plastic/leather against lovely new leather and I wondered how they looked?

205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry, there was a comma missing... re-read...

I don't suppose you've got any pics of a typical Japanese (skyline) type wheel with airbag, that's been re trimmed.

I'm just concerned the wheel will look great but the airbag makes it look a mess

I know the airbag can't be re-trimmed but it'll be 20 year old plastic/leather against lovely new leather and I wondered how they looked?
Oh I see, Yes we have.

Evo 7 below in black alcantara and yellow stitching and centre band:

Evo 6 - Black stitching, leather and alcantara yellow centre band.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Thanks Chris for the re-trimmed wheel. Like the Evo one, it's very nice quality and the alcantara feels great in the hands.

Here some pictures. It's hard to see well on the camera but there's black alcantara on the hand grips and grey alcantara on the upper & lower sections of the wheel. I think that the two-tone wheel complements the carbon fibre steering wheel cover supplied to me by Rick @ Carbon Goodies :thumbsup:

And, the Evo one for reference

I can definitely recommend Chris and Auto Torque of you want a wheel re-trimmed :thumbsup:

205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Daz, great colour combo and the carbon suits it well. Good to see you again and thanks for coming over today, glad your happy with the end result.

Chris

Thanks Chris for the re-trimmed wheel. Like the Evo one, it's very nice quality and the alcantara feels great in the hands.

Here some pictures. It's hard to see well on the camera but there's black alcantara on the hand grips and grey alcantara on the upper & lower sections of the wheel. I think that the two-tone wheel complements the carbon fibre steering wheel cover supplied to me by Rick @ Carbon Goodies :thumbsup:

And, the Evo one for reference

I can definitely recommend Chris and Auto Torque of you want a wheel re-trimmed :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
I had my wheel retrimmed in alcantara with red stitching last week by Auto Torque, the quality of work is excellent and it feels much better when driving. Really pleased with the result and would like to thank Chris for his excellent service and customer care which was at it's usual high standard. :clap:

205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had my wheel retrimmed in alcantara with red stitching last week by Auto Torque, the quality of work is excellent and it feels much better when driving. Really pleased with the result and would like to thank Chris for his excellent service and customer care which was at it's usual high standard. :clap:
Thank you Barry, Glad you are happy with the finish of the wheel. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Little bump of this thread.

After seeing these on the GTROC tour and doing another Euro trip in June with the factory wheel, Chris I might need to get one of these done before my September Euro trip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts