GTR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
As long as the vehicle has some type alarm system fitted well then the perfect solution to cover literally every other method of theft is to have the ghost system and a decent tracking system, this covers all angles of it been driven away, dragged away or lifted onto a truck. Have you had the new software on your Focus Rs, if not contact your installer to rectify the issue they had with the focus last year. It'll be free of charge.

Before I sold my focus last year the installer I use came out and reinstalled it with the update and new features.

As Mentioned before it shouldn’t be the one product you use but it should form part of a multi layered approach. With the aim to scupper the chancers all the way through to the more professional scumbags. There ll always be another car ‘just around the corner’ that doesn’t have any protection and that is no bad thing as far as I m concerned, that apathy to security is a benefit to me.

I have 3 - 4 systems in place with my current Range Rover, as they are notorious for going walk about, infact one of the most common sights round here is Range Rovers with steering locks fitted.

Regards

·
Vendor
6,330 Posts
Ok some further updates, I together with two of Autowatchs guys, tech and programmer carried out some experiments on my Gtr and I'm even more pleased to say that no matter what method of hack we tried it didn't Override it at all, we even crashed the can and it made no difference. The product does exactly what it says on the tin. Hope this helps and puts your minds at rest guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok here we go, I have to be very careful about how I word this so it doesn't jeopardise the security/protection aspects of the ghost system. None of the methods mentioned will work especially on the gtr. Firstly If you crash the can system on any vehicle the car ain't going to start because it won't recognise the key immobiliser system so that's ruled out, secondly most cars have more than one can system and if you know what you are doing you will choose the one which will not allow the outer mirrors to be part of that system, thirdly the ghost system doesn't have a fuse to pull out. I hate discussing this type of detail on a public forum because all that this is going to do is feed the thieves out there information on how to find alternative methods. If the ghost system is fitted to the high standard like its meant to be like we do then it's the best security solution full stop. I'm not going to add any further information because I feel it's stupid and unprofessional to disclose its security. If anyone has any concerns they are welcome to contact me 07973733441 or call Autowatch directly. Oh and I forgot to mention its not Thatcham product but it has never been sold or stated to be. Thatcham are very old school in there approach and have certain criteria eg lengths of immobiliser cuts which the ghost system doesn't work on cut principle won't meet there criteria.
........................There is not their .......

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Would it not be best to remove this thread completely?
Its 2 years old , cant believe someone resurrected it to correct grammar:unsure:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Why remove it, any car thief will be way ahead of any info posted on here, if they arent then they are not a problem!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Apparently they can be bypassed in a few ways
Shocking really was about to get it just thought I’d share my homework
I did mention this some time ago on the "tracker thread". Rightly or wrongly , information not always correct.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,131 Posts
I see you have corrected your piss-poor spelling - "mension" indeed !! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its 2 years old , cant believe someone resurrected it to correct grammar:unsure:
better late than never.......
and being about vehicle security it will be useful to the public at large for some time yet ( despite one minor grammatical error!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok here we go, I have to be very careful about how I word this so it doesn't jeopardise the security/protection aspects of the ghost system. None of the methods mentioned will work especially on the gtr. Firstly If you crash the can system on any vehicle the car ain't going to start because it won't recognise the key immobiliser system so that's ruled out, secondly most cars have more than one can system and if you know what you are doing you will choose the one which will not allow the outer mirrors to be part of that system, thirdly the ghost system doesn't have a fuse to pull out. I hate discussing this type of detail on a public forum because all that this is going to do is feed the thieves out there information on how to find alternative methods. If the ghost system is fitted to the high standard like its meant to be like we do then it's the best security solution full stop. I'm not going to add any further information because I feel it's stupid and unprofessional to disclose its security. If anyone has any concerns they are welcome to contact me 07973733441 or call Autowatch directly. Oh and I forgot to mention its not Thatcham product but it has never been sold or stated to be. Thatcham are very old school in there approach and have certain criteria eg lengths of immobiliser cuts which the ghost system doesn't work on cut principle won't meet there criteria.
I've been told of a very simple way of beating the ghost system. I'm not impressed I've had the system fitted plus tracker.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts