GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the idea of going for a leisurely Sunday Eve drive in the gtr- once her in doors allows me to fork out for one- in manual, downshifting, uninterrupted by autoblip. Do normal and or save modes allow for this or is autoblip part of the gtr package?

Don't get me wrong there's always going to be a time and place for R mode, but I'd like the option of driving a more well behaved gtr from time to time.

I've searched far and wide and can't seem to find a definitive answer even though it's a simple enough question. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Not sure I understand the question?

If the cars in auto it'll shift down when it wants, if it's in manual ( no matter if in R or not ) when you flick for a down shift it will give an autoblip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason.
Doesn't the autoblip get a little tiresome after a while?
Especially when you're on a leisurely drive and not a lap of the nurburgring?

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
No way, I love it, especially with DPs and exhaust. But as said its most prominent when driving in manual.

If your in auto it drives like an auto

·
Registered
171 Posts
I can't say I've ever felt the autoblip "interrupting" anything - All it does is match the engine speed for the new gear to the road speed. Without it you would simply feel more of a soft jolt as the car's momentum brought the engine speed up instead. I'm struggling to see any benefit to that myself, but each to their own!
The main role of the blip, though, is to reduce the (negative) torque spike which that soft jolt represents - it therefore allows downshifts in the middle of corners and the like which would otherwise unsettle the car far more and might even lead to loss of traction. I can see that turning that feature off in a manual car so that you can enjoy the process of heel-and-toeing (ie doing the blip yourself) might be fun - hence why the 370z manual has the ability to disable it - but to disable it on the GT-R would seem to achieve nothing except making the gear changes a little more agricultural. As stock, I'm pretty sure there's no way to do that. If you have Cobb or EcuTek, I'm sure you could pay someone to produce a map without blipping - though I'd expect them to raise an eyebrow...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I've had my GT-R for approaching 2 years and it's never crossed my mind to use it for a leisurely drive.

I don't think it has the comfort or refinement to be anything other than a 'spirited drive' kind of car.

·
Registered
341 Posts
In auto and without gearbox in R it doesn't tend to do it that much if you're pootling around. The Mrs prefers to drive in auto but gets frustrated when she can't get the car to rev match...but then I've never seen her use more than 30% throttle which is fine by me.

·
Registered
610 Posts
When driving slowly or in save mode I never hear it. The drm only seems audible when driving harder. If your not high reving then there is no need for a blip of throttle to rev match. Not sure if it don't do it at all or if the revs are that low its not noticable.
I prefare to be higher up the rev range though ppersonally

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I love the auto blipping function. Always blipped or should I say back in the day double de clutched since the day I could drive :chuckle: a must for a smooth fast drive and helps longevity of your tranny.

Sometimes I miss doing the odd bit of heal n toeing but when really pushing on it is great to have both hands on the wheel and allow the car to sort out the rev matching for you lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Driving for leisure under normal driving, Auto mode would be used, Manual mode is for more spirited driving. If the car did not autoblip it would be jerky and annoying more so than the noise (which has never annoyed me after 3 years), but autoblipping is hardly an interuption! it sounds amazing and is heel and toe on tap!

If you want a GTR to be more behaved use auto mode with 30 percent throttle, manual mode with paddles is not for normal driving. A paddle shift car without an autoblip function? not sure that would be beneficial?

Jake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts