GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
There was an update on FB from the gtr-registry today with updated auction prices from March to May which suprised me considering the world economic situation

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
There are still Americans and japan garages buying buy as I’ve said before usa buyers will buy from a shop / dealer in japan not uk

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Lots of investment in classic cars still - though I wasn't aware values were that strong.

I collect old Japanese hi-fi (70's and 80's era) and the market is really strong now on e.g. eBay with Japanese collectors buying the best quality classic Japanese products "back" from abroad. Is the same thing happening with the cars too, and fuelling values? :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's more likely our European friends will buy from the UK rather than from the USA, but there's still a very strong following in this part of the world. I got an agreed value from my insurer on my R34 of £100K last week, if they think they're worth that then it's probably an indication values are climbing (they do know the work I've done on it and that it's like a new car though tbf).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts