1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Thanks Nissan :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yeah Got AC and they say it's BUTT ugly and a nightmare to live with everyday !!!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Mmmm what all that about TYRE noise as well ??? DUNLOPS ??? LOL

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
7min 8 secs round the ring - you better get one Papa Smurf,

Yup what he says when on track is true, however WE ALL know that you can buy one for say £40k spend, say 10 to 15k and still have a better car than a £125k one from Nissan (Nismo) and then you after you spend your £125k you have a nice little option of a titanium exhaust for only £7k my friends !!! C'mon Mr Nissan - get real !!!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I don't get why you bang on constantly about this Steve.

You can't compare the cost of a four year old used GT-R directly to a new one.
And a special edition one at that which comes in limited numbers.

Spend that 15k making it better than the Nismo and then see what Nissan say in 40,000 miles when it breaks...

I get you don't like it.
I'm not buying one either.
But it's clearly got a place in the market.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Because as much as I like the Nissan Brand I can't stand having my trouser pulled down and then being F***ed by what is in effect a marketing ploy (if you can see behind the Sales bumff)

I have had Nissan's since before they were Nissan (Datsun) and have had at least 20 different modles but as I say just don't like the marketing ploy of nearly doubling the price for not a lot more !

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
What does it matter to you? You're not buying one anyway.

The Z-Tune and 400R were also massively expensive when they were released and still command a high premium. This is just another special edition so relax yourself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Compared to the Egoist or the spec V it seems very good value...

Jokes apart, nice video of an very impressive car.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
They do come in red you know Steve
LOL yep I know and that is the only good bit about the car - a decent colour which wil match the RED inserts all over the car !!! :)

IT MATTERS :flame: Trust me it matters ! :flame:

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Somebody thinks they can make their car better than a company like Nissan who have spend thousands of hours fine tuning things like the suspension and aero? ****ing LOL. Get a grip.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Ah, an now you are singing from my hymn sheet at long long long last !!!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Just read and re read the AC article and tester's note, that's Steve Sutcliffe to you and I

"This is a toy for special occasions. It would drive you mad as an everyday prospect"

He goes on to say that the main appeal of the GTR was that is was a super car killer that could be used everyday and now Nissan aka Nismo have spoilt the car - nuff said !!

·
Registered
540 Posts
IMO 125k is way over price. As Steve says for a fraction of the cost with a 09 GTR you could spend say 5-6k on a suspension kit which would transform the car, another 5k on a 650R tuning package, and say 2.5k on a big brake kit.......14k tops and you've a car that's IMO a worthy rival. OK its got loads of aero bits etc and Nismo wheels etc.... but come on guys.....125k is far too high combined with SS saying the car is to firm for the road and that was in comfort mode as well. Great car, but too expensive. Should have been 90k tops

Just my opinion

Cheers
Louie

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
IMO 125k is way over price. As Steve says for a fraction of the cost with a 09 GTR you could spend say 5-6k on a suspension kit which would transform the car, another 5k on a 650R tuning package, and say 2.5k on a big brake kit.......14k tops and you've a car that's IMO a worthy rival. OK its got loads of aero bits etc and Nismo wheels etc.... but come on guys.....125k is far too high combined with SS saying the car is to firm for the road and that was in comfort mode as well. Great car, but too expensive. Should have been 90k tops

Just my opinion

Cheers
Louie
Hear Hear :bowdown1: Surprised NOT :flame:

It is just too extreme and has ruined what was / is a good / great car !!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I'm sure if nobody ever buys a new one and we all buy used that'll work just fine.

Nissan can hold them for a few years, then sell them pre-used at £40k and we'll all be happy. :)

Can't see any problems with that plan.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts