GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waxed my wife’s car yesterday with Autoglym polish and finished it with their extra gloss protection the car looks great but my backaches. :(

Does anyone know of a car polish the can give the same results as Autoglym without the elbow grease? :confused:

Paul.

PS Cleaning my wife’s car was still more fun than watching Michael Schumacher win Formula yawn again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
666 Posts
I did the same to the Jag yesterday and it is a long wheel base!
Seems easy to apply and dust off though so I did not think it hard.
Job done in less than two hours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I cannot say it is really easier, but you get far better results with Zymol products and it is far more fun to apply!

I really would not have believed how much better the Zymol ssytem was if I hadn't used it. First you use Cleanse which is like a very mild T - Cut. This is the most energetic bit but still easier than Autogym. Next comes the wax which you actually apply by hand, it smells of coconut. You then buff it off. Not difficult. Stunning results!

The products might seem expensive but they last a long time. This stuff is the same step up from Autoglym as Autoglym is from Turtle wax (probably more!! )

Only word of warning. ! of the neighbours did comment to my wife that i had got a little obsesional about my car and was she aware I had spent an hour stroking every inch of the body !!!! :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use "Mer"

Can be applied in sunlight and when the car is still damp, so a lot easier to apply. Polishing off is also easier than Autoglym with similar or better results.

Rgds Ian W

·
Registered
68 Posts
Polish

Just did my car the other week with some stuff called Swizol, it's a bit expensive, but the finish on the car is absolutely stunning, first you polish it and then you apply the wax.

Brings the car up like glass and lasts about ten times longer than Autoglym:)

Chens (aka Maureen) :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Swizol and Zymol are a similar class of product. And yes, the car really does look like glass.

BTW, I forgot to mention it is best put on in warm weather and sun, although it doesn't matter if it is overcast.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Polish...

Meguiars gold class polish, + if you've got time (+ no backaches!) the body scrub beforehand. Not as expensive as the Zymol etc but I've found alot better than Autoglym (personal opinion of course! ;) ). It also lasts reasonably well compared with some others.

·
Registered
592 Posts
;) Thought Id try Zymol so got the starter pack thinking a bit steep - then saw this on the price list...

Atlantique Wax 226g specially developed for a Bugatti type 57SC

Guess how much!
scroll down...

Wrong more like £699.99!!! :eek:

·
Registered
905 Posts
A Tony I'll be youre Dog!!!

Theres a new one just come out Wonder Wax. This is a two stage polish, wax then sealer. Anyone who has seen my car and you have to admit that it shines...

I think its better than Mer, as the sealer removes all the access white that mer tends to leave.

Tried the Swizol stuff, as my dad uses it on his Porsche, and yes it does shine very well. BUT I thought you couldnt use it that often as it is harsh on the paintwork. dunno if thats true or not...AND I thought that it was rather pricey £35 per small tub...

Best I've got for £12 is the Wonder Wax, and you get two applicator sponges!!!! WOW

SI

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Re: Polish...

Alex Creasey said:
Meguiars gold class polish, + if you've got time (+ no backaches!) the body scrub beforehand. Not as expensive as the Zymol etc but I've found alot better than Autoglym (personal opinion of course! ;) ). It also lasts reasonably well compared with some others.
I'll second that !

I've used Autoglym, Turtle Wax Extreme, AutoGlym, Mer, Autoglym and now Meguiars Gold Class (shampoo wash, and wax/polish).

Easy to apply, but a bit of a swine to remove. Well worth it though for the results.

Here's a couple of samples.....

My Roof....

The side....

Makes me look like a show 'n' shine bloke !! :smokin:

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
592 Posts
Daz you just need some autoglym bumper care now m8 or are the handles grey :)

Hoping mine shines up like that with this stuff...

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Hehe, yeah, i went round the bumpers with some back to black, but didn't get round all of it - including the door handles.

The whole car will get properly done before Trax though.

Cheers.
Daz

·
Registered
666 Posts
Talking of polish....
I wonder what Richard Bell would recommend.
His cars paintwork does look the DB's and paint is his family business so he should know.

Richard are you there?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts