GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Just got my re-trimmed steering wheel fitted at Autotorque yesterday.

Well well worth it! I quiet fancied the Mines Alcantara Steering Wheel for some time now but the cost seemed a bit over of what I would want to spend on a steering wheel.
Ordered a re-trimmed wheel (to my spec) from Chris at Autotorque a couple of weeks ago for a very reasonable cost. Chris kept in touch and updated me on ETA's etc. Then I got the call on Monday to say it was ready! Needless to say I was there Tuesday morning to get it fitted. :D

The Wheel looks really good. The quality feels excellent (I hope it lasts) and it has completely transformed the interior of my car! Just cannot believe how tacky the original steering looked when I now compare pictures!

Chris even done me a deal on a Carbon Dipped Steering trim which he had on the shelf which I couldn't refuse!!! :cool: I am in talks with Chris at the moment - a lot more Carbon Dipped Interior bits are on my radar!!!

I know it probably sounds stupid - but the steering wheel has completely transformed the feel of my car!!! Maybe because its just a change - but I think it has added at least 99 BHP to my car :thumbsup:

A massive thank you to Chris, who was extremely helpful and jumped onto the fit straight as I arrived. All was done within 40 mins and I was off again! Would recommend this steering re-trim to everyone.

Before:

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/kbhattel/image2_zps46dcc76b.jpeg

After:

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/kbhattel/image1_zpsc48aa4a9.jpeg

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
i like that, i got a new one we flat bottom on group buy, transforms car as you say...but would like to do my old one with blue stitching ...how much was the charge for it?
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks very nice mate. These retrims are defintely worth it. Not only are they great quality but they prevent that tacky / sticky feeling that you can get from the OEM wheel - great if you happen to be trekking across Europe ... ;)

Mine: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/227785-auto-torque-gtr-steering-wheel-retrims.html#post2455378

Very similar to yours except that I have the carbon trim cover from Rick (CarbonGoodies) :thumbsup:
Looks good. :D

How do I put my images direct on the thread rather than just the links??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like that, i got a new one we flat bottom on group buy, transforms car as you say...but would like to do my old one with blue stitching ...how much was the charge for it?
thanks
Give Chris a shout mate as I believe the price differs slightly dependant on what you choose?

My one has been done to the following spec:

Hand grips in Black Alcantara
Rest in Dark Grey Alcantara
Red Stitching
Slightly Wider Handgrips
Carbon Dipped Centre Panel

And All in cost £310.00 and that was including the fitting! I think that is superb value for money.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Should do -

[*IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/kbhattel/image2_zps46dcc76b.jpeg[/IMG]
Remove the * and it works. Tried wrapping it in the
Code:
 tags but even that parses the IMG tag, shouldn't really but.

203 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just got my re-trimmed steering wheel fitted at Autotorque yesterday.

Well well worth it! I quiet fancied the Mines Alcantara Steering Wheel for some time now but the cost seemed a bit over of what I would want to spend on a steering wheel.
Ordered a re-trimmed wheel (to my spec) from Chris at Autotorque a couple of weeks ago for a very reasonable cost. Chris kept in touch and updated me on ETA's etc. Then I got the call on Monday to say it was ready! Needless to say I was there Tuesday morning to get it fitted. :D

The Wheel looks really good. The quality feels excellent (I hope it lasts) and it has completely transformed the interior of my car! Just cannot believe how tacky the original steering looked when I now compare pictures!

Chris even done me a deal on a Carbon Dipped Steering trim which he had on the shelf which I couldn't refuse!!! :cool: I am in talks with Chris at the moment - a lot more Carbon Dipped Interior bits are on my radar!!!

I know it probably sounds stupid - but the steering wheel has completely transformed the feel of my car!!! Maybe because its just a change - but I think it has added at least 99 BHP to my car :thumbsup:

A massive thank you to Chris, who was extremely helpful and jumped onto the fit straight as I arrived. All was done within 40 mins and I was off again! Would recommend this steering re-trim to everyone.

Before:

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/kbhattel/image2_zps46dcc76b.jpeg

After:

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/kbhattel/image1_zpsc48aa4a9.jpeg

Looking good Rocky, Thanks for the positive feedback and great to meet you Tuesday. Good colour choice too, love the carbon centre really sets it off.

Thanks again for making the trip down to use our services.

Chris

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Looks good. :D

How do I put my images direct on the thread rather than just the links??? :confused:
Or you can save pictures to your desktop, click on Manage Attachments at the bottom of the screen (when posting), upload and then click on the paper clip symbol.

I think that this may mean that the site has to host the picture though rather than just display it but for a couple of images this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking good Rocky, Thanks for the positive feedback and great to meet you Tuesday. Good colour choice too, love the carbon centre really sets it off.

Thanks again for making the trip down to use our services.

Chris
Pleasure Chris.

I have a feeling a few more trips are on the cards! Just need to bargain with you a touch on all the other bits :chuckle:

·
Registered
941 Posts
How does the process work? you tell AutoTorque what you want then they use the wheel they have in stock to make it, then you go down and get that fitted leaving them with your old wheel?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts