GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.
Finally (after a lots of time spent on developing) AUX AV cables are available for all EU Satellite Navigation cars. I thinking about to get 10 kits importing so we can push the prices down a bit, but this only will happening if there is enough interest out there ;) . We could offer these kits at £250 inc postage and all import duty saving about £50 on normal price.
So let me know guys if you want an other group buy (I already running one for the folding mirror kits in my trade section, have a look :) )
This kits gives you RCA Video/Audio input jacks to allow audio and video input from iPads/iPhones etc
Highlights:

• Aux AV input for iPod etc
  • Full step by step instructions with lots of pictures
  • No soldering
  • No cutting of any wires
  • No drilling
  • The required software update and associated licence key
  • You don't have to install in the glove box if you don't want, you can run the cable to the arm rest rather than the glove box (something that most 2011+ owners seem to prefer, see picture below)
  • Free 3.5mm to 2 RCA connector cable
  • Our Aux cable uses an OEM connector, so it plugs in exactly the same way as the OEM harness would and that's giving you the best possible signal quality (forget about that rubbish FM transfer boxes).

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I thought all SAT NAV cars had a usb aux input anyway???

Is this solution not for pre-nav 09 reg cars???

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought all SAT NAV cars had a usb aux input anyway???

Is this solution not for pre-nav 09 reg cars???
No, it is only for EU SatNav cars.

EU SatNav cars have a USB port, which can be used two ways:
1) With a memory stick to play files
2) With iOS devices, but that only gives you audio only

The US cars have the ability to add the three RCA/Phono inputs, but up until now that has not been possible on EU cars, as the connector is not present and there was no way to select the required Aux input via the controls.

This kit fixes that, giving you the three RCA/Phono connectors (Yellow, Red and White) and the software update to allow you to select the Aux input

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some idea about what you can use this connection for:
  • Connecting an iPad to play a moving
  • Connecting any mobile device for audio only using the included 3.5mm to 2 RCA connectors
  • Connecting an GoPro to see the camera view when setting up
  • Using for Front camera
  • Connected to Kivic1 to wireless stream from Android or iOS device to the Nissan screen/speakers
  • Connecting a iPhone 5 (or any lightning connector) using a HDMI to composite converter

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
I spent ages with brian trying to get this to work, thank you Sly for finishing what I couldn't.

The main thing I wanted Brian's kit for was to enable iphone mirroring on the mfd screen. This means you can have easy playback of video, web browsing including you tube playback. It also means you can avoid having to convert video files and store them on your memory stick in specific and restrictive format.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I spent ages with brian trying to get this to work, thank you Sly for finishing what I couldn't.

The main thing I wanted Brian's kit for was to enable iphone mirroring on the mfd screen. This means you can have easy playback of video, web browsing including you tube playback. It also means you can avoid having to convert video files and store them on your memory stick in specific and restrictive format.
"ages" is probably an understatement, without your enthusiasm I would have given up long ago.

Great to finally have it working and not just to give UK/EU cars what the US cars have always had, but also to remove the need for bypass kit to use it..

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Not sure if the kivic one is available yet but that certainly would add another dimension to it.

It's worth having just for the flexibility and ease with which you can plug in any additional source via a simple RCA connection.

Even if it's just to review go-pro footage on a track day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not sure if the kivic one is available yet but that certainly would add another dimension to it.

It's worth having just for the flexibility and ease with which you can plug in any additional source via a simple RCA connection.

Even if it's just to review go-pro footage on a track day.
Have the Kivic One in my car at the moment :) I'm going to try and do a quick video this weekend of a few uses for the Aux AV input.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here are some idea about what you can use this connection for:
  • Connecting an iPad to play a moving
  • Connecting any mobile device for audio only using the included 3.5mm to 2 RCA connectors
  • Connecting an GoPro to see the camera view when setting up
  • Using for Front camera
  • Connected to Kivic1 to wireless stream from Android or iOS device to the Nissan screen/speakers
  • Connecting a iPhone 5 (or any lightning connector) using a HDMI to composite converter

Do you have any video showing how the software update allows for switching between inputs?

I'm considering a kit for use with a front camera.

Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do you have any video showing how the software update allows for switching between inputs?

I'm considering a kit for use with a front camera.

Thanks.
After installing it works the same way as a US car. Basically you press the DISC-AUX button to rotate through the sources. After installing you will have an "AUX" input in addition to your existing inputs.

I could record a quick video of a US car, or perhaps Sly could post a video of a UK car with the kit installed.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Have ordered one of these from Brian. My first mod even before I've bought gtr#5.

I think people need to see this working on a Gtr with a Kivic One.

It turns your mfd Screen into an output Screen for anything that you can disrupt on your iPhone. TV, airvideo, cameralert. It's too cheap not to have it!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Difficult, but übercool

Imagine the possibilities - replace your (outdated) satnav with the one on your phone (e.g. Google Maps), hook up an OBDII reader and create your own gauges / dashboard, etc...

Unfortunately, the instructions show you'll have to pull the touch screen apart in order to install:

Here's what it looks like in action:
http://youtu.be/mJ5yDRD7SIk

Edit:
Never mind, it seems you can't order this product, see last page in thread here for more info.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Just bringing this back as thanks to Jay at Sextons london (best audio installers in the south) and more specially to Brian at car kit company, from tomorrow morning I have a working aux input.

I've been trying to get one running since I bought my first Gtr, four plus years ago.

Thankfully Brian has figured it out.

Thanks to awesome apps like cameralert and airvideo and now having a 128gb iphone, there's plenty of in screen content I'd love to be able to just beam to the mfd screen via iPhone mirroring. From tomorrow when we enable the aux input in the software, that will be possible.

It means I can watch if I'm stupid but more likely listen to the thousands of tv programmes stored on my server. Unlimited west wing access in the car, finally!

I'll stick up screen shots as soon as I have them. Of course I'll post one of the GT-R forum displayed in its rightful place on the GT-R screen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts