GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please!

Has anyone got any info/diagrams or links for removal and replacement of aux belts?

My R33 GTR has one dogdy belt.. think it is the P/S.. looks like the pretensioner bolt on the pump has been rubbing the belt..? another reason I want a diagram as it looks like either the bolt is wrong as it sticks out much too far. Or there is a secondary nut and washer or spring missing??

I gather you use the bolt to get the belt tensioned up and then lock of the main pivot bolts on the pump? but then what stops the tension bolt vibrating loose as it has done?!

Thank you
Lee

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
There is a main adjuster bolt which tightens the belt, there is teh main bolt which holds the pump to the bracket and pivots the pump when tightening.
There is also a bolt to lock it all up.

If you look at the main bolt that tightens the belt, you will see it threads through a block. If this block has a hole in it you have a M8 bolt missing which locks the assembly, if there is on in there then it is most likley loose.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The long bolt which is loose is the one that pivots the pump and goes through the small threaded block.. the bolt is loose and I would say too long anyway?? but it is obvoulsy not doing anything at the moment as the pump doesnt move.. so I guess is locked off.. but what stops the bolts coming loose normally? should it be under a bit of tension? or is there a spring washer missing?? as once the main bolt is locked off surely it is free to vibrate loose?

Lee

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Just put a lock nut on the stud to stop it coming loose.
Could also do with some diagrams to do these belts as is worth getting them replaced.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep.. I was planning on replaicing the bolt with a shorter one and alos locking off a couple of nuts and a washer so that it can't go anywhere..

Now all we need are diagrams!!

Sure it my be fairly self explanitory once you make a start!!?

Cheers
Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts