GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if theres any advantages or disadvantages in having the power fc boost controller or the avcr boost controller?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mechanically they are the same, use the same solenoid. Apart from that it's mainly what features you are looking for.

Main difference is that the AVCR has gear/RPM based boost control, a scramble mode - which the boost control kit doesn't have. However the boost control kit integrates nicely with your FC Commander so you don't need to install a separate unit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
any reason you havent thought about the Bliz EBC ID III? Its cheaper than both of those above, and it will hold boost better i.e hold boost stable up til redline

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've tuned with nearly every boost controller on the market.... IMOP.... the Greddy line of product really does offer a solid piece in the Profec B Spec 2, we run upwards of 20-30psi in some of our applications and combine NOS as well, and it does a great job in controlling over boost.

You can also add a wireless button to your steering wheel for switching from high to low boost... and or over boost for a few seconds... the Apexi unit is a chore to set up and get confusing between maps, most people just end up using the manual settings....

Lastly the HKS EVC-EZ is the easiest to use in terms of function without frills....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts