GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I own a GTR so I don't care too much for consumption figures. True!!!
Also realise I need to plant a tree everyday to offset the Carbon footprint.

I am interested to learn however, what MPG people are typically getting.

I am still on the run in sub 3500 RPM, but average return is circa 17 to 18.;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
mpg

Hi Iam getting an average of 25.7,however at 70mph it rose to 26.8 clearly at 3000 revs its more economical.However I have now done 6000 miles,and it has got better.I am very pleased with this.BUT I WISH THE PAINT FINISH WAS BETTER!cheers Paul

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hi Iam getting an average of 25.7,however at 70mph it rose to 26.8 clearly at 3000 revs its more economical.However I have now done 6000 miles,and it has got better.I am very pleased with this.BUT I WISH THE PAINT FINISH WAS BETTER!cheers Paul
Not trying hard enough - press the right pedal a bit more! :chairshot

I am just completing the pre-optimisation mileage and average is around 15!

D

·
Registered
194 Posts
If i drive it on long runs i can get a good 26-30 mpg for about 5 miles then all the juices warm up, a grin from ear to ear takes shape and from then on it goes down hill. I suppose over an average tank full it is more like 15 mpg but who cares when your having so much fun :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
mpg

Yes, problem round here is too many "TRACTORS"they seem to get bigger quite quickly,coming the other way,apart from gravel lorries who seem to have an "exterminate" look about them when they see me coming the other way!

·
Registered
78 Posts
About 4.5 to 5.5 if i drive it properrrly. If you are not achieving this... wake up in the morning, tell yourself you own a GTR and try harder:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
During first week, staying below 3500RPM and doing about 65mph average on motorways, got 33MPG...bonkers, I know....

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Don't do "economic " drivin in a GTR !!!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
if you think it's bad when it's stock, wait until you run the COBB AP 1.8b map on it... I get about 300kms from one tank of gas.... that's a combination of city and highway driving.

i drive the pants off it and hardly ever use auto mode.

·
Registered
640 Posts
3300 miles done so far!
One new windscreen :bawling:
That made the insurance company cry :D
23mpg average driving everywhere, 30mpg driving it nicely on long runs, single figures when pushing it.
The most throttle sensitive mpg car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mid and High 20s pre Opt svc and now 17 avg :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
3300 miles done so far!
One new windscreen :bawling:
That made the insurance company cry :D
23mpg average driving everywhere, 30mpg driving it nicely on long runs, single figures when pushing it.
The most throttle sensitive mpg car I've ever owned.

Holy crap I must have a fuel leak.....Run from Central Scotland to Birmingham and back I was chuffed with 21.1 mpg and that was in run in mode. I am "almost" never above 100 mph, don't fancy the food in prison.

Maybe its just tight as I am less than 1400 miles.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Excuse the thread resurrection, but MPG is something I have been watching since I got my GT-R. The main reason for this was the white car covered in black soot and I had the local MOT garage do a sudo MOT which showed it was running very rich.

Anyway, I thought I would share my experience:
- My tuned V8 RS6 was more economical and had a bigger tank.
- Over the past 6 months, my GT-R has averaged 19.4mpg (Calculated)
- The best I've achieved between each fill was 23mpg (Calculated)
- Do not believe the dash MPG, mine is way off. Do not believe the speedo either as mine is almost 10% over.

Of course I know the GT-R isn't tree hugging, but struggling to get more than 20mpg on motorway runs is something I'd like to improve.

Does anyone have any calculated mpg figures they wish to share?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Last full tank I only go 140 miles to a tank . I was shocked to say the least as it was the first time I actually monitored the MPG. Mainly town driving tho!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts