GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what the average oil temp should be for a healthy stage one tuned GTR without an oil cooler? Mine never goes to fully halfway between 70 and 150 degrees but sits just under halfway if i have been sitting at 90mph for a wee while on the motorway. I use 10w 60 millers oil and its rated to 120 degrees constant use. Am i in danger of buggering anything here? :confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oil temps.

Don't know what the official figures are but my R32 GTR without oil cooler, reading on a Greddy guage, at motorway speeds sits between 95 and 110 degrees. The highest it's shown after a bit of a spanking is 115 degrees. The car is running 457bhp atf, 384 atw and it's recently been de-catted and new exhaust system fitted, so hopefully a little bit more power has been extracted:D

I use 10w-60oil too and also have been informed it's safe upto 120. As it's never gone over that yet i wouldn't worry about it. However if you go over this regulary then an oil cooler is probably the best way to go :)

If you do a search for oilman's posts he put up a list of figures for various oil grades and additives within the oils to give you a good idea of levels of protection given.

Cheers.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers dave, to be honest i have read all of oilmans posts but seeing as i have just had 10w 60 put in my car and i have spent over 2k so far on 'just in case' modifications, it makes me depressed reading his posts :D i cant be arsed hearing any more about how im harming my car. Ive resigned myself to just saving up for an n1 block and waiting for this one to blow up rather than constantly shelling out for peace of mind mods

1 - 3 of 3 Posts