GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Slow town driving assuming not stationary in traffic, 75-85c.

Although anything under 100c isn't really anything to be concerned of it stuck in slow moving traffic etc.

If it's rising higher than that and your not going quick on back roads or a track then possibly low levels of fluids.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I got it back from service all the temps are hovering between 95-100 :(

This is doddering about town, small rolling acceleration here and there on bypass road. Should I contact who did my service?

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Low 80s but up to mid 90s if stuck in traffic jam

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Low 80s but up to mid 90s if stuck in traffic jam

+1 too.

As your issue has come about immediately after a service Dean it would probably be worth while checking the fluid levels and also talking with the place to understand what oils were used and if these were different from before. The temps you quote don't cause concern, the fact is has changed is worth a questioning attitude if nor no other reasons than to understand whats changed.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Since I got it back from service all the temps are hovering between 95-100 :(

This is doddering about town, small rolling acceleration here and there on bypass road. Should I contact who did my service?
What service was it? Just an engine oil change, or gearbox and coolant too, unlikely as gearbox was done back along.

When I bimble around town on a sunny day engine oil can reach 101, gearbox usually 95, and coolant around 93/94 I think, so yours doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me.

Might pop down your way soon, you can have a look at my new grey one, it feels a tad quicker than the blue one especially 1st to 2nd gear under wot, it's more of a blur than a gear change lol.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trev, it was the major service.

Yeh you should pop down, not seen you in a while, you got new GT-R and I have new kit fitted so both got stuff to show each other ;)

Saw a blue one in Weymouth this week, thought it was you running out to it putting my thumb up like an excited little child haha. Then realised you don't have the blue one no more.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Haha, yeah will pop down soon. The gunmetal colour has grown on me now, it stays kinda clean looking all the time, so only need to wash it once a week. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts