GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested, I have been running my R33GTS25T on 100LL avgas (100 Octane low lead) to ascertain any benefits.

Mods are: Trust FMIC, Irridium plugs, Trust front pipe and de-cat, Blitz SSBC Boost Controller, HKS air filter, Eibach springs, Blitz EGT guage.

Initially, I was unable to notice any difference; I couldn't increase boost pressure without getting what seemed to be det.

I fitted new set of Blitz Irridium plugs (the HKS ones had done 10,000 miles) and was immediately able to increase boost to the point of fuel cut.

Everything seems much smoother as well. All I now have to do is sort the fuel cut. I don't want to ( and can't) spend huge sums, has anyone got any ideas?

John

:confused:

·
Registered
547 Posts
100LL

Don't forget that the definition of Low Lead is actually "loads and loads of lead" ... so it could run into agro down the road with fouled valves, etc.

Isn't it also illegal :)

D

·
0 Posts
Low Lead Avgas

Not trying to put a damper on things. My understanding of leaded petrol is that it clogs up the Lambda sensors & Cat.

Might prove very expensive in the long run.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info on HKS kit.

Leading could be a problem with continued use, also problems with synthetic oil not holding lead in suspension.

This test was just to check the difference with a known octane rating and also to see if it is worth using on track days and strip runs.

Avgas should not be used on the road of course (as we all know), although there is still a hell of a lot of duty on it ( it works out very cheap to fill up the aircraft, fly to france and back and then claim the duty back.

This was just an experiment for interests sake.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts