GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a warning to people out there, ive recently bought a car from gt cars.

had read a few bad things about them but the car seemed genuine enough and the bloke seemed like a fair chap.

when i got the car home i noticed that a few bits that were advertised on the car were missing ie HKS exhaust was infact a cheap momo system, Brand new d-cat according to the add yet still had the cat fitted. Cat2 security was infact non existant.

spoke to the bloke via email and the responce i got was that he would buy a d-cat pipe straigh away and get it sent to me. also that he would "help me out" towards getting a new exhaust but he felt the cheaper system was adquate.

the conversation caried on in a few more emails then he said he was taking a few days off and would contact me as soon as hes back. this was almost 2 weeks ago now, no reply to emails, wont answer my calls etc

i also have a problem which before buying the car he said would be covered by warranty. tbh the warranty isnt worth the paper its written on.

i also traded my old supra in towards this car. on his advert its suddenly got a few more bits that i never had fitted to the car. one of these being uprated bigger turbos. now im sure he isnt going to go out and buy bigger turbos for a car that doesnt need them. so yet again faulse advertising.

guys avoid at all costs, the bloke is a serious con-man and he KNOWS the bits he is advertising on cars are not on there

·
Registered
243 Posts
they are Known for this, many peeps on the supra forums have been a victim to this kind of untoward behaviour sorry to that mate-

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
when i got the car home i noticed that a few bits that were advertised on the car were missing ie HKS exhaust was infact a cheap momo system,

Surely something like an exhaust could of been easily checked before you took the car home??

·
Registered
405 Posts
IMO shouldn't you check the car out before you purchase it????
Thats what every one does who i know.
You'll have to ring trading standards up, or go to the garage you purchased the car from and threaten them with trading standards.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Heh well you are lucky man, I sent my car to the UK to who i thought was a great tuner (not a skyline but still it was a good car only had about 4000kms on the odo) well, two years in and a legal battle later and my car vanished without a trace. so just remember, it could be much worse haha. I think i just re-opened a wound *sigh*.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im up for it too!

either that or going up there to pay him a visit.

either way im not going to let it lie.......

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i txt the bloke earlier and said "you ve been ignoring my emails and calls for 2 weeks now, your starting to take the piss. i want this sorted out"

and i got this responce from nick at gt cars

"why dont you come up here and say that to my face"

what a way to run a buisness

·
Registered
136 Posts
I tried trading standards when the CARSHOP in Northampton misrepresented a car in their adverts, basically trading standards say that once you have driven the car you have little or no chance of getting a refund. The CARSHOP is a large company with several big sites throught the country so this kind of thing is by no means only found on the small forecourt type of garages, they are unhelpful and find it quite funny when you threaten them with trading standards, they know that you will have to go to court which is expensive and time consuming, the moral is Buyer Beware!

·
Registered
243 Posts
"why dont you come up here and say that to my face"
one word comes to mind CHAV
what an aggressive attitude, this guys needs some help-
stealing things from customers cars than threatenig them after-

stands back and awaits Blowdog remove post-

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
One thing i don't understand is, why would people buy a car and after they have payed for it, they check the car and see, it was not what you have payed for in the first place. No matter what i would always get a friend, brother,dad, my local mechanic, with me to look at cars, hell i even take my girlfriend with me, because she have no knowlage of cars at all, and she sees the car in a diffrent way than us guys do, ergo she get me to look at stuff i normally would not look at, and then we always find the flaws.

No doubt, it sucks to be in your place, but this seems to be a common thing in the UK, so why are you not more carefull ?

Regards
Jan

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i fully checked the car over at the time, it drove fine all looked in place.

was only when i got her home and cleaned the underside i noticed the exhaust was a different make and the cat was still on there. was so busy checking the important bits i neglected to check what he had stated on the ad was actually on the car. saw the big shiney exhaust and assumed it was a hks as was stated.

and was only after a lot of driving i noticed the gears crunch from 4th to 5th at high speed, not really something i could have checked on the day i picked the car up due to extreme traffic etc

·
Registered
233 Posts
You might get some financial relief taking him to the small claims court if the goods were falsely advertised. I have done this regarding a supposedly non-refundable deposit on a car from a small garage which resulted in my reimbursement once in court. You might be advised to ask trading standards if this is a course you can pursue successfully.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
one word comes to mind CHAV
what an aggressive attitude, this guys needs some help-
stealing things from customers cars than threatenig them after-

stands back and awaits Blowdog remove post-
Thats what i would do, but take a few mates too.

Tony

1 - 20 of 88 Posts