GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just recently bought an R32 GTR, and its being shipped from Japan to my home in Canada. And I heard from a few people that you can disable to AWD system by simply removing the AWD fuse from the fuse box under the hood?
Can anyone verify this for me? and tell me if there are any negative effects that could occur as a result of pulling this fuse?

Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yes, but this fuse also disables the ABS too. Most people, like me, just wire a switch to the relevant terminals on the fuse box so the front wheels can be locked out at will. The 4WD and ABS lights will illuminate whilst the fuse is pulled/switch is toggled.

Note that the system will only restart when the road speed drops to about 5km/h and you will feel the ABS pump kick in.

This can only be done on the R32 as the 33/34 have some drive to the front wheels all the time and disabling the system like this can have negative effects (i.e. **** it up). The 32 is safe to do this to and is an excellent 'fun' mod.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
No need to pull the fuse under the bonnet.
Top left fuse on the fusebox under the dashboard is the one you need to pull / wire a switch to :)

Flip the switch while driving and it becomes rwd, and flip it back to 4wd, but the 4wd wont engage until you have come to a standstill.

Asim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that helps alot thank you.

So you both mentioned that wiring a switch would be a smart thing to do. How exactly would you go about doing that? remember I'm a really beginner with all this stuff:confused:

Thanks again
Nolan

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Personally, I took a couple of blade connectors, wired a switch up with an inline fuse and plugged it in to where the fuse was.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how do these blade connectors work? do they just disconnect and re connect the fuse? could you point me in the right direction as to where I could buy everything I need do it?

Thanks for your help
Nolan

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The switch would be the way to go long term but if you just want to try it every now and then just switch your ignition off then back on while the car is moving, it will go RWD till you come to a halt then revert to normal.
But you may be surprised how RWD biased the car is without actually touching anything.

Charlie.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
So how do these blade connectors work? do they just disconnect and re connect the fuse? could you point me in the right direction as to where I could buy everything I need do it?

Thanks for your help
Nolan
Dude, seriously, rocket science this ain't.

Fuse holder (plug the fuse you remove in there)

Spade/blade connector (2 of these, one wired to the fuse holder)

Toggle switch (wire the other blade connector to this and the other side of the fuse holder)

Plug the two blades into the original fuse's location. Simples.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts