GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awesome price on these at the moment at mytyres.co.uk priced at £101 each.

I have cancelled my Advan Neova order and bought these at less than half the price.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Must have been a short run offer they're up at £143 now

Federal 595 RS 265/35 ZR18 93W BSW BSW Buy online - mytyres.co.uk

They're fine tyres as everyone says. They do have a small issue with the tread splice separating but for the most part that's not a real problem and just looks ugly.

Just changed mine after a year of around 7-8 track days on the GTR and really surprisingly little wear that wasn't due to a the setup of the car itself. Obviously a track car wears the left tyres first but the right hand ones could have gone another year. I doubt the A048s I've replaced them with will last as long.

Of 10 RSRs I've had on cars all at some point have opened the tread splice, two I got worried about and replaced, there rest either feather the splice until it wasn't visible or softened the edges so it didn't look like it was going to open up any further.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went for these as didn't want to spend more as my head has gone so money better spent there at the moment. Will see how I get on with these.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW what is the difference between RS and the RS-R? They have taken the RS-R off their site so it seems.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
BTW what is the difference between RS and the RS-R? They have taken the RS-R off their site so it seems.
Oh yeah wierd - maybe just a typo. There is a 595 SS which is rubbish apparently. But I've not come across a "RS"

They are good tyres, and the data logs from my car show they pull pretty decent g's and they're even ok in the wet.

As you know I was a little troubled by the tread splice issue, and went with the A048s because they were stupidly cheap on the MLR group buy, but having seen the state of the federals that came off the gtr I'd be happy to use them again.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just spoke to them making sure they sent out the correct tyres as I wanted. They admitted it was a price error but honoured the sale. The tyres are due to arrive today so hoping they are the correct ones.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Awesome price on these at the moment at mytyres.co.uk priced at £101 each.

I have cancelled my Advan Neova order and bought these at less than half the price.
maybe you paid half the price of AD08 but you'll obtain less than half the grip or the precision or even half the lifetime than the AD08 would have provide you ... :puke:

i tried both of these tyres... if they are cheap , there's a reason... :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
maybe you paid half the price of AD08 but you'll obtain less than half the grip or the precision or even half the lifetime than the AD08 would have provide you ... :puke:

i tried both of these tyres... if they are cheap , there's a reason... :)
Interesting... I'm considering going for the Ad08r (slightly more modern version of ad08). I saw a test at Tsukuba where they took the same car and driver on AD08 and AD08r and the R version was two seconds quicker over the 1 min lap - really impressive!

The federals are really good though for the money esp for what Younes paid..
I've used two sets and the initial grip is great, as the tyre gets older this decreases and I've found they go out if shape and cause high speed vibration.
Hoping the yokohamas won't do this!

Would still get another set of federals though if I found them cheap enough:)

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all I wanted to buy the Neovas but at 950 a set vs 400 for the Federals. Having found out my cylinder head blew that made me go for a cheaper set. Still If you can look beyond the brand name they are pretty good tyres from the reviews from some of the members here who track their cars and have been know to go pretty quick. Sam is one example.

But merci beaucoup monsieur for your words of wisdom and bringing it to my attention :chuckle:

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sam I did see that video and was pretty impressive, they will be my next set for sure :)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I don't know how the RS-R was so cheap, were they being discontinued or something?

Bought a set for my Yeti for £80 per corner, bargain! :flame:

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They admitted it was a mistake on their site so as soon as my sale went through they took it off. Hence why they are back to 143 each now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts