Registered
4,230 Posts
that was mental!! Did you notice the black mark it left after the 1st
set of flames? Sounds good too, about how many hp is it running and
what boost is it set at?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Strange way to do a dyno run??????? We dial in gear change flames like that too sometimes, looks good at night when you pass another car

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Strange way to do a dyno run??????? We dial in gear change flames like that too sometimes, looks good at night when you pass another car
I think that was a 402m run ?

Some dynos you can actually do quartermile runs.... dont ask why... :chuckle:

Asim...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes... mystang dynos over here can do 1/4 mile runs and compensate for wind resistance by adding more load on the drums.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what i've always been trying to figure out is; how does a backfire exactly work on a turbocharged car? it looks stupid if you buy a flamer kit or somekind.

is it because the car is running a bit to rich, or does it have some kind of ALS system? is someone able to explain this to me?

cheers!

·
Registered
785 Posts
what i've always been trying to figure out is; how does a backfire exactly work on a turbocharged car? it looks stupid if you buy a flamer kit or somekind.

is it because the car is running a bit to rich, or does it have some kind of ALS system? is someone able to explain this to me?

cheers!
The same way it works on any other car, unburnt fuel enters a hot exhaust system and bang bang bang.

- Kevin.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

cheers!
Very often the mapper ads fuel on high revs when changing gear to cool the pistons. And to make sure there is fuel in the cylinders when you have changed gear... and the exhaust is so hot that it ignites some of the fuel...

Asim...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts