GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hia

Just getting a GTS (hope you dont me posting being the poorer relative)

Had a quote from Hyperperformance yesterday for a R33 - £1100 via axa - which was 200 more than Tesco but no tracker just Cat1.

I rang Axa direct they said ' we dont do Jap Imports'

So for the hell of it I tried A-Plan and they also quoted a axa but at £920!!!!!

Anyone heard of Aplan - Coz Im Confused about the 200 quid drop for a like for like quote....

Tony:eek:

·
Registered
89 Posts
yeah i've heard of them.they specialize in jap imports and were the cheapest on a mates pulsar gtir.don't know what they are like for dealing with a claim though.

·
Registered
506 Posts
A-Plan & AXA

I'm insured with Axa through A-plan. As you say, they don't require a tracker. One of the few who don't which is a plus until such times as I get one fitted.

Not had to claim, so don't know how good they are in that department. However, I've been with them for almost 2 yeasr now and I'm happy enough.

Just my two pence worth:)

HTH

Stu

·
Registered
865 Posts
I found directline pretty good on my gtst, 4 yrs ncb, 3pts, at £800, but they did need a cat1 and tracker, but regardless I would have fitted these anyway!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ta for the replys....

Looks like Im going with A-Plan then.... hmm what can I spend the saved cash on!!!

Now all I need is my car - pick her up next Sat :p

Tony

·
Registered
530 Posts
Axa and imports

I've been with A-Plan for 4 years....they always seem to quote me the cheapest (Includes 6m ban 3 years ago....totting up I hasten to add!)
Its true Axa don't insure imports direct. A-Plan have an arrangement with them. On speaking to them at renewal last year they said they had been pleasantly suprised by the claims record for Skylines........just shows we're a carefull lot....which we knew anyway
Joss, maybe a club deal???? I know this has been mentioned before........any ideas???
Any ideas anyone about classic insurance for my aged 10+ year old R32 GT-R???? all replies greatly recieved
Regards
wroestar

·
Registered
666 Posts
Wroestar,
Give it to me I 'll look after it for yah.
I'll even polish it instead of the R33 on alternate weekends.

Well you did ask for any ideas:D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Pegleg,
I've seen the deeeeeep shine on your car!!!..............any time!!!
Perhaps we could all get together in a pub car park and have a "shine off", exchange of ideas etc..........very sad !!!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A-Plan site says ring this number

0800 05 05 05

but that didnt ring a bell - so Ill check when Im back at work..

·
Registered
530 Posts
A-Plan

haaa beat you too it
The number to phone is 0845 0711234 - speak to Lee.
This is the Jap import section and I think Lee's been there a while. Anyway he likes Skylines
Give them a try
Regards
wroestar :smokin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts