GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning my 34 for nearly 2 years now i had no choice to rebuild my block after piston 6 had failed, I had originally planned to forge the bottom end so i decided to start collecting the parts together as they became available on this very forum :)

After knowing the engine had lost power i got the car over to TDI (My local Tuners) for a closer inspection to what had happened, They confirmed that piston 6 had a problem and couldn't tell me anymore until the block had been split.

I garaged the car for a few months before i decided on who to take it to.

I decided with Andy & Richard over at AMT. It was after speaking to them both about working on the head of the RB26 i decided to take the plunge.

More Parts Delivered

Finally the engine came out and it was now time for the mad scientist to split the block :bowdown1:

CNC Machine Perspex for the trigger kit.

Latest Edition are the wheels i got from TABZ Which i've been looking for awhile now.

To be Continued :wavey:

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Thats some good work Bob- it's going to be amazing once finished

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking even better on the new wheels.

Any reason why that particular piston failed??
As you know i've always liked the look of those CE28n's after i saw them on yours.

I remember TDI telling me it were down to DET i believe, Not to sure what that is. I went to AMT a few weeks back and Andy showed me the piston had a small chunk missing from its side.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Oh okay..

Was the car in a relatively mild stage of tune before this piston failure?

Hopefully you will get the car back soon!

TDi South is quite a nice garage and only 20 miles away from me..

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh okay..

Was the car in a relatively mild stage of tune before this piston failure?

Hopefully you will get the car back soon!

TDi South is quite a nice garage and only 20 miles away from me..
It had been mapped at TDI & I know the car had been off the road prior to me buying it, Previous owner used it for track days.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Looking good bob, not suprised at all with the luck you had at Tdi I think the saying all the gear no idea suites them pretty well. I have seen a bill from them to a skyline owner for a rebuild and it was silly money, it didn't last long either.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Looking good bob, not suprised at all with the luck you had at Tdi I think the saying all the gear no idea suites them pretty well. I have seen a bill from them to a skyline owner for a rebuild and it was silly money, it didn't last long either.
They are very expensive so a big bill comes as no surprise.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Hi Bob wheels look perfect, I soooo regret selling them, just can't find replacements.

Car is looking good and hopefully all the work will be worth while.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts