GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
i had a phase 1 conversion on mon and car ran fine all the way home.but today it keeps cutting out when i rev the engine(either part or full trottle).this results in a backfire and revs dropping off.any ideas?
cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi peter
ive had the car over a year and it already had hks exhaust and air filters.took it to hiteq and had a phase 1 comprising a chip for the ecu,hks downpipe and decat pipe.
started the car this morning and the engine kept dropping the revs itself(as if it was cutting itself out).as it warmed up it was ok and i could rev engine ok.but on the move at 2500rpm it cuts the revs and backfires.what do you think?air flow sensor or meter?ive checked intercooler pipes but there ok.
any ideas appreciated as i dont really want to drive it 170 miles back to hiteq if i can help it!

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Hi Chris,

Sounds like you a fuelling/ignition problem to me but I guess you need to get it back to Ian for him to have a look. Sorry I can't be of any further help...

Peter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its ok mate.just had the car in the local nissan dealer(interesting ride there!!)and they were surprising helpful.they hooked it up to the diagnostic.it came back saying a faulty mass air sensor.this was causing the car to go on 2 fail safe.any idea where this sensor is?thanks 4 the help.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
mass air sensor = air flow meter. There are two of them. Probably need cleaning (there is a thread by John Lowe on this).
Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts