GTR Forum banner

441 - 460 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
Repaint starts Monday, trims arrived now, so nearly everything here.

monday i should have another new fan blade/surround etc

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
I have great admiration for your dedication to this, what are you doing with all the parts coming off the car?

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Simon , the parts coming off are going in the bin , wipers , misc bits n bobs . Used trims etc

the badges were new when the car left, so they went to a friend in Canada & he had a few other bits like the boot carpet

I thought project rollercoaster was appropriate due to the highs and lows this car seems to give

I am fed up with the immense cost for parts & what I’m having to pay DHL on every shipment - quality of the work here in U.K. has been spot on

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
I think the name is quite apt for you, for all us watching it it all highs and no lows :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Simon , the parts coming off are going in the bin , wipers , misc bits n bobs . Used trims etc

the badges were new when the car left, so they went to a friend in Canada & he had a few other bits like the boot carpet

I thought project rollercoaster was appropriate due to the highs and lows this car seems to give

I am fed up with the immense cost for parts & what I’m having to pay DHL on every shipment - quality of the work here in U.K. has been spot on
Add the availability of parts and having emails saying "Sorry parts are on back order, 2-3 months estimated before shipping".

Great progress on your R32, love it 👌

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
thanks. Hopefully will all be back soon in one piece

I’ve never had that On parts Everything’s either in stock or 2-3 days tops. I’m not using RHD or nengun.

most I’ve waited was a week but that’s due to recent obon holiday

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
Little update

it’s still at the paint shop. ETA early nov

waiting on one of the front rubbers, new door card clips and some little bits like that

also in the mean time, even though I have a Robson alcantara dash, good to have another

52E72E82-8612-49FF-B611-4DE74719BAE3.jpeg

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #459 (Edited)
I already have the dash & full interior , plus the carbon bits from Robson installed

im actually buying this as a spare but i have a plan as to it going into another 32

here is the dash installed in my 32 and what the finished product will look
54239D2F-026F-4901-8BA5-170651A32663.jpeg

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
Ignore the red mat that’s just so the ones underneath don’t get damaged
4B31DBDE-2DDB-4D2F-A499-A306A0A48F1D.jpeg

441 - 460 of 470 Posts