GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone...

I was stationed in (I am American) Germany before with my GTS4 2 door with the RB25det from the stagea that was sitting around 480whp. Sold it in Germany.

Now I am a Tourer V JZX90 guy. I am writing because when I was in Germany most of my replacement parts came from folks from England. I am now back in Japan (Stationed here till around 2017) and I want to pay it forward. I remember being frustrated about the costs of my headlights to pass German inspection when in Japan R32 headlights go for extremely cheap.

So if anyone is trusting enough and needs parts feel free to hit me up and I will be honest I will do a modest markup for example:

I can get the item in Japan for 100 dollars I will ask for 140 dollars for my time and services, if the item is lets say 500 dollars I wont ask for more then 150 for myself. I am not greedy and really just want to pay it forward.

Shipping prices are something I cannot do anything about unless you have a soldier buddy at Mildenhall or Lakenheath who can receive the items on base for you and deliver.

Basically feel free to hit me up for parts for your GTR's basic Nissan stuff and I will do my best if time permits to get the parts for you.

I only do paypal and wont charge a cent until I have your part sourced and ready for purchase. Its still to great advantage even with a modest mark up considering 150 dollars is only 88 Pounds... Your gonna spend alot less having your stuff shipped straight to you from Japan then you will locally... I know I learned that lesson the hard way...

Thanks guys...

Dwest

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
That's nice, at those prices I'm sure you would put most of the traders on here out of business lol. Have you registered as a trader yet? Speak with the admins first dude

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man that is a good point. Didnt realize I crossed over as a trader lol...

Oh no, I am not a trader.

I am limited on what I can sell since I am just one man who has to literally drive from junk yard to Up's garage to part out event to drive track to find parts so I dont anticipate selling at nearly the rate of a trader.

I cant ship bulk items to include (Trunks, hoods, doors, windows, engines, transmissions, diffrentials, drive shafts, or anything that cant be sent in regular post.

I am more interested in selling things like suspension, coil overs, rebuildable twin plates, a wing, headlights, wiring harnesses etc...

Stuff you can fit in a box and post.

I dont anticipate putting anyone out of business lol...

With the way I source parts I will probably only make a fraction of the demand for parts since its just me. I literally go to part outs, drift events and when a car slams a wall I have a truck waiting to offer the owner money for the whole car stuff like that...

Nothing heavy enough to be a trader but thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
40% mark up , you'll be doing better than the traders lol, pretty sure it'll be a no go unless you want to sign up as a trader
Trust me what you are paying is around a 150 percent markup compared to what stuff actually costs in Japan...

I picked up a JZX90 Tourer V today with one owner only 78k original miles, old man un-modded for 2700 US dollars.

My buddy picked up a GTR32 completely clean, 110k original motor, 2 owners all in the same family, not a spot of rust for 6500 dollars...

I just picked up an R154 Transmission for 300 dollar for my 5 speed swap.

My Power FC was 400 dollars with hand commander. My buddy who picked up his GTR32 also purchased HKS 2530KAI Twin Turbochargers for RB26DETT Used for 3000km by a drifter who put his car through a wall my buddy got those on the spot for 600 for the pair...

Now compare that to what you guys are being charged locally and a 40 percent markup from me is extremely modest...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sorry mate , my lol is because some traders will object to what you want to do unless you sign up as 1 .
They're argument is that your conflicting with their trade. Your best option would be to offer this service to your USAF servicemen on a serviceman's forum
I totally believe the prices your saying! Known as skyline tax the prices been charged in the uk

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
People bang on about the "Skyline tax" but it's bollocks. Does nobody on here run their own business and understand the costs involved? Take this offer from Dwest. Is his "modest mark up" declared income? is he paying tax, has he got insurance, what is his liability? Does he own premises, what happens if something is faulty or doesn't arrive?

I'm sorry to say, just because you know what something costs "wholesale" doesn't mean that whoever sells it at retail is making the difference as a gross profit.

If Dwest wants to offer such a service privately, good luck to him, but if it was as easy as he thinks it , a lot more people would be doing it and prices would have been driven down over the years.

Mike

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately I would by a GTR32 now if you ever want one

The price of the GTR32 is about to be up near the price of a GTR34 in a few short months.

Reason being is the 1989 and 1990 models are going to be allowed in the United States really soon. As a result Americans in Japan are buying 2 or 3 of them, and the prices are going higher and higher.

When I was in Japan in 2006 a GTR32 didnt run much over 5,000 Dollars.

I see them selling now for 11,000 dollars I Have a friend who paid 14,000 for a V-Spec Replica (Not the real thing).

Its only going to get worst. As the prices rise in Japan they will definately rise in the UK :(:flame:

·
Registered
856 Posts
The price of the GTR32 is about to be up near the price of a GTR34 in a few short months.
Quite apart from your little 'business' offer that doesn't really add up, I could never buy parts from anyone who described these cars as "GTR32" and "GTR34".

Just wouldn't be able to take them seriously, let alone trust them.

Sorry.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
You know I do and you also know that the 'bargain hunters' never listen to us, the dry sump thread being a prime example.
So explain to me why Burton can offer a Pace dry sump kit for zetec/duratec/YB ec for way under £2k. Thats presumably with a std retailer markup.....

There is NO reason an RB dry sump kit should be £5k. You're welcome to think otherwise and give validation to traders etc but you need to live in the real world.

TT

·
Registered
591 Posts
So explain to me why Burton can offer a Pace dry sump kit for zetec/duratec/YB ec for way under £2k. Thats presumably with a std retailer markup.....

There is NO reason an RB dry sump kit should be £5k. You're welcome to think otherwise and give validation to traders etc but you need to live in the real world.

TT
Do yb's have a front diff in the sump too? (genuine question, I haven't had the chance to poke around any proper cosies!)

That's the only complication I can foresee adding some expense to an RB dry sump kit - we've got that extra bit to worry about that most others don't. Can't see it adding an extra 3k though!

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
You're welcome to think otherwise and give validation to traders etc
I don't need to give any validation to traders as they don't pay my wages.

but you need to live in the real world.

TT
I do, that's the whole point of what I have posted about. Anyway, let's not let this great thread go further off topic.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
40% is not bad considering how some greedy traders are charging extortionate amounts in some cases selling second hand used items for more than brand new items still available from Nissan. Traders won't be going out of business anytime soon even if matey has offered his services...traders have their loyal fan boys who would blindly buy even if their mark up was 100% :runaway:

If you are smart and do your research there are some good places in Japan sometimes you can find good deals on Yahoo which I have used in the past but also RHD and Negun are my preferred ones. eBay has some good deals too with the likes of JDMPlanet, Nissan Chesapeake etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts