GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all.. Waiting for my second R35, Left a 1k deposit back on 7th April. Was told just needed new front discs and pads, but being told that the discs are on back order and Nissan won't get them until 3rd May. I just can't get my head round this, they are saying that there trying their hardest to get them. Has anybody else experienced this problem?? The car is a MY11..

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Hello to you all.. Waiting for my second R35, Left a 1k deposit back on 7th April. Was told just needed new front discs and pads, but being told that the discs are on back order and Nissan won't get them until 3rd May. I just can't get my head round this, they are saying that there trying their hardest to get them. Has anybody else experienced this problem?? The car is a MY11..
Why don't you get aftermarket ones better stopping, cheaper, last longer and available now!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nissan won't release the car to me until the discs are done and they won't use after market parts. They say it will invalidate the 1 year warranty they are giving me.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Nissan won't release the car to me until the discs are done and they won't use after market parts. They say it will invalidate the 1 year warranty they are giving me.
Ouch and how much are they?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know, there paying.. :)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Don't know, there paying.. :)
Ask them if they will replace them again for free after you take them on a couple of track days? They melt like butter if pushed hard!

Seriously, if they are replacing them in the deal fine, but a bit weird there is such a delay, one would expect that these would be on a NHPC's shelf.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah you'd think they stock them.. Maybe most people now are going for after market ones, so they just don't stock them. Ok then, what's the best after market discs and pads and what sort of money are we looking at, say to do the fronts on a MY11?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
get performance friction rotors and be done with it. better, possibly cheaper.

other good rotors rb brakes, endless, dixel, ap racing and alcon. all are better than oem. endless have great brake pads to go with street or track, many different types to choose from.

get a pad for what you want, ie street driving endless mx72 will do. but plenty of other brands and functions.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Ouch and how much are they?
Nissan quoted me £3050 for front discs and pads on a MY11.

I would guess the cost to them would be around £400?

It's a complete mystery how the hell they expect to sell them at that inflated price, and make the customer wait a month!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Tell them to stick the warranty up thier bleep bleep bleep YOU are the customer and it's your choice !! :runaway:

I hate all this this NISSAN Big Brother Warranty CRAP !:chairshot

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
It is their warranty and therefore their train set!

The reason for the back order is the fact already stated, no HPC stocks them as everyone replaces them with AP's with Ferodo 2500 pads which are quite simply the best combination for everyday usage. For track use - read my threads and reports.

Also, Easter break and they have to come from Amsterdam or perhaps Japan......

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
We keep a few sets of Alcon rotors and Ferrodo pads in stock ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, how much are they then for the fronts? Maybe for next time..

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Alcon Front Rotors for OE Bells 08-11 £696.00
Alcon Front Rotors for OE Bells 11+ £696.00
Alcon Rear Rotors for OE Bells £696.00

Ferodo DS2500 Front Pads £197.00
Ferodo DS2500 Rear Pads £197.00

excl shipping and vat.

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alcon Front Rotors for OE Bells 08-11 £696.00
Alcon Front Rotors for OE Bells 11+ £696.00
Alcon Rear Rotors for OE Bells £696.00

Ferodo DS2500 Front Pads £197.00
Ferodo DS2500 Rear Pads £197.00

excl shipping and vat.
Ok, thanks for that..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's official, 3 week back order on OME fronts discs... wish now they'd never offered me a 1 year warranty!! GETTING ****** OFF NOW.......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts