GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a Virus destroyed my computer I am now back in GTR Surf land (Thanks Phil).

In this time I've been playing with my additional power in the car and can report that it is possible to see more than half a turn of oversteer on the outside lane of the M25 (4th gear, 1.5 bar, full throttle and a mild curve at 120mph) Those of you who have been unlucky enough to have sat in my passenger seat will know I'm not exagerating!!

I've lost some refinement in the form of tickover (cams) and turbo shuffell (2510's) but it's worth it for the extra power. Fuel consumption is now a swear word in my houshold.

On the greasy roads we've got at the moment I can induce all 4 wheels to spin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd!!! Brands Hatch was interesting as we saw off a Tuscan challenge car and gave an Ultima GTR a run for his money. I don't reccomend carrying 100mph into paddock in the wet with a GT2 racer 3 inches of your rear bumper, but now I've said that as my disclaimer, I thoroghly enjoyed it!! Nick Welch however may beg to differ with my opinion

Timed manually with the MFD in cold conditions:

0-60 3.82
0-100 8.67
0-150 17.77
150 to 0 6.92 with 362 ap's
0-200 ha, ha, we'll see next year!!!:D

·
Registered
961 Posts
nutter

200mph
that means you wont need to slow down for the speed cameras
it will just be to fast!,:D
that will save the brake pads !

gus,

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot race with D7 DVB

Some of you may know that that number plate belongs to a 360 spyder which belongs to David Beckham.

12.15 am last Sunday night he cruised past me on the M25. Posh was in the passenger seat and to cut a long story short we had a little throttle training!!

Needless to say I won (the day a ferrari beats me I'll sell the car) and it was nicely followed by his window dropping and a pleasant exchange in which he said "That is wickedly quick, I'm gonna get one" Vic looked totally pissed off at his driving conduct and was telling him to close his window ect which he did after a friendly wave.

The people I have to deal with!!!!:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gus,

Next time your in the car you will be a human air brake, when I hang you out the window for extra drag:smokin: :smokin:

Be afraid.

Kindest regards

Jamie

·
Registered
961 Posts
cheers! i think!

jamie its scary enough being IN the car !

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Ferrari Bashing

Nice one Jamie.

I've also had the joy of trouncing a Ferrari on the M25. It was a 550 Maranello (footballers Ferrari) and I was 3 up at the time. Actually he went for it big time infront of me from about 80mph (yes I was on boost ), puffs of smoke from the 550, and I just floored the 34, pulled up on him soooo quick, flashed him big time and all he could do was look in his rear view mirror wide-eyed and totally flustered. Then we had to slow down for traffic. He pulled over and we cruised past him smiling like Cheshire Cats. Being fair though he did have a little smile on his face but also looked totally p****d off. Life can be so much fun.

glen

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Boy racers............

I love it.

I can't seem to find anyone to race me.:(

The only real race I had was with Jag XK8 supercharged automatic.

He had me from the lights for I bogged down ,not enough revs,but soon closed up and took him.
Not bad for a standard R33 I thought.

My little race pales in significance to you guys though.

Maybe Joss could start us a new section 'races'.:D

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Jamie,
Sweet Dude :D

Don't know about promoting our beloved Skylines to folks like the Beckham's though :(

·
Registered
547 Posts
'race'

Bikes are always worth it :) .. and the F550 will get to 199mph, so it prolly gets more dicey at the fast speeds :)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
JAMIE M

As I said lock the key and throw it away.
Class story about the rari and to give becks a good drumming has got to be worth it! Class.
Your car was awesome at brands and holding off the Tuscan racer was class.
I must admit a slight twitch to the sphincter as we hit paddock at about 135, only to retard about 30 mph of that and proceed sideways down a roller coaster type decline into druids.
I did enjoy but you did induce the FEAR. Last time I got that was in a 24hr daytona SP 3000, hitting Copse at SStone at about 140 mph in slicks. My neck has never been the same! (oh plus my roller antics as well)
Thanks for the run JM and to all others. Keep up the good work on ferrari bashing.

NLW - my other car's a roller.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry Jamie,

I think that kind of driving on public roads is dangerous, irresponsible and something to be looked down upon, not applauded.

If I had the misfortune to be a passenger of yours, I'd demand to get out, and let you kill yourself + others on your own. It's idiot driving like that which gives Skyline owners a bad name.

Save it for the track.

jamie m said:
In this time I've been playing with my additional power in the car and can report that it is possible to see more than half a turn of oversteer on the outside lane of the M25 (4th gear, 1.5 bar, full throttle and a mild curve at 120mph) Those of you who have been unlucky enough to have sat in my passenger seat will know I'm not exagerating!!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
bad driving

and everyone wonders why you have to
pay so much for your car insurance.

keep this type of driving till you get to a trackday
as that is what they are for

keith

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OPINIONS

Interesting to see different people's opinions on speed vs public highway.

There are over 6 billion people in this world, 62 million of which, are cramed into our little Island.

Each individual will have an opinion on most things and that is what this forum is all about.

So, keep the views coming, as without them it would be a boring world.

Speaking of which I just tested out Mario's advise as to testing the attessa. With 1.3 bar 5500 rpm and a wet surface I dumped the clutch and saw 50% to the fronts and a very enjoyable (and controlable) 4 wheel spin.

Jamie.

·
Registered
225 Posts
HI

KEEP THE PEDAL TO THE METAL JAMIE

WHAT THE HELL ELSE ARE SKYLINES FOR EXCEPT
SHOWING OTHER (MORE EXPENSIVE CARS), THAT
JAPANESE DOES NOT MEAN CHEAP SHIT.

CHEERS TOM :smokin:

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the support Slippery.

I totally agree with the Jap VS expensive car thing. One of the things I love about the Skyline is the value for money aspect without loosing out on exclusivity.

Jamie.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Hmmmm. Can't see Posh tucking into Roast Beef and all the trimmings at The Grasshopper can you? Thank goodness some things in life are still safe!:D :D :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts