GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a happy chappy ..........
I am the very happy owner of a Black/black edition ..but as im sure you have all seen that there is an issue with the paint being very very soft , mine being a particularly bad example..I Contacted Nissan about it and because I bought it from an independent retailer its "not Nissans problem" ( my argument is its still under Nissan warranty so yes it is ! ) ive already had it Detailed with a full report now being looked at by Nissan but the same reply came back ...how is best to proceed ??
:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
That is staggering. What did buying it from an independent have to do with it?
Presumably it is an official UK car? If so, then the warranty, as you said, absolutely does apply!

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
JIMBO

Kick back hard !! Very Hard

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
If its a UK car and the paint is sh*te...they have to care about youre problem.....as it has been sold by them to whoever(which doesn´t matter of course)...

What they say,doesn´t matter,if the paint is not ok,they have to look after you...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
690 Posts
I am the very happy owner of a Black/black edition ..but as im sure you have all seen that there is an issue with the paint being very very soft , mine being a particularly bad example..I Contacted Nissan about it and because I bought it from an independent retailer its "not Nissans problem" ( my argument is its still under Nissan warranty so yes it is ! ) ive already had it Detailed with a full report now being looked at by Nissan but the same reply came back ...how is best to proceed ??
Hi mate.

Did you buy the car from new i.e delivery mileage only? As a new purchase Nissan are on a sticky wicket but if the car was a "used buy" then things become more complicated.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Hi mate.

Did you buy the car from new i.e delivery mileage only? As a new purchase Nissan are on a sticky wicket but if the car was a "used buy" then things become more complicated.
The 3 years warranty is still on the car,doesn´t matter if it was bought new or if it had 25 preowners....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
690 Posts
The 3 years warranty is still on the car,doesn´t matter if it was bought new or if it had 25 preowners....:thumbsup:
Alas the 3 year warranty doesn't protect you for the things the previous 25 owners have done! If owner number 1 washed the car in salt with an abrasive pad I don't think you would have a valid warranty claim from Nissan for crap paint!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Alas the 3 year warranty doesn't protect you for the things the previous 25 owners have done! If owner number 1 washed the car in salt I don't think you would have a valid warranty claim from Nissan for crap paint!
If the paint is too soft....then this is nothing any owner is guilty for.....

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Is it on hp or pcp?

If so, your claim would be against the finance company as they in the eyes of the law have supplied you the goods.

Fit for purpose?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Trading Standards might be interested. Anybody thought of setting up a legal fund for GTR owners and all paying in for group representation? It would set the cat amongst the pigeons!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its a well know problem on the black. Nissan are well aware of it a have an ongoing claim at the minuet for this problem,
I am waiting for a permanent solution as detaling it wont sort it long term.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have had a lot of black cars (jncluding non metallics) and this is easily the worst/softest paint I have ever seen.

Eg, Langka stuff that is used to smooth over stone chip repairs is supposed to only affect the repair paint / laquer as the original production paint/laquer should be a much harder / different composition, yet Langka will remove the original paint in exactly the same way as the touchup paint.

Fortunately the damage polished out very easily as soon as I noticed what it was doing, but then again, that is another indication of the paint's weakness.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
What exactly is your argument with them?

The softness of the paint or.........

Robbie

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Robbie
that's exactly my argument ...can I send you the report from my detailer regarding paint thicknesses and general thoughts on it as you have had allot of experience on the R35 just to see if you concur pls?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Hi Robbie
that's exactly my argument ...can I send you the report from my detailer regarding paint thicknesses and general thoughts on it as you have had allot of experience on the R35 just to see if you concur pls?
Of course you can Jim.

[email protected]

Robbie

1 - 20 of 44 Posts