GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got a different GT-R to play with in the form of Bajies R32. We’d been trying to arrange a date to get the bodywork sorted for ages, and I finally got my hands on the car today……
A few befores…….
Front:

Rear:

Camouflaged Kakimoto:

Wheel:

Started off washing with Serious Performance Ultra Gloss shampoo. Washed with a soon to be released wash mitt and dried the car with an Aquatouch Large FBZ Microfibre Towel
Then onto the polishing…… Started with Poorboys SSR 2.5 on a Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Pad, using the Porter Cable (PC) at speed 5. This was the bulk of the polishing work and one pass round the whole car took a good 2 hours. This was then followed by a quick pass to enhance gloss and shine using Poorboys SSR 2 on a Meguiars Yellow Polishing Pad. One pass round the car took about 30 mins.
After polishing:

Once the polishing was complete, I applied a quick layer of Serious Performance Paint Cleanser with a Meguiars Finishing Pad, removed and then followed up with Serious Performance Polymer Super Sealant to the whole car, again, using a Meguiars Finishing Pad and the PC.
While the sealant was left to cure I gave the wheels a good once over and applied dressing to the tyres, which was later buffed to matte the shine down a bit.
Wheel finished:

This also gave me time to give the exhaust a much needed clean….

Another little problem was the glass. An awful lot of water etching. I tried several chemical cleaners both by hand and using the PC but, ended up using Poorboys SSR 2.5 and a 4” light cutting pad to actually make some head way. The pic below shows the section that had been polished, and the difference it made:

Once this was done, the sealant was then removed with a couple of Poorboys Mega Plush Towels, and here are the results:

Time taken: Approx 7 ½ hours.

Hope you like! :smokin:

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Alex Creasey = God :D

Excellent results mate, when I have a decent enough car that deserves a wash I will be in touch!

·
6,821 Posts
Thats what I call the job done, great writing, cool pics.
That R32 looks just lovely:bowdown1:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Where is the car, there only seems to be pictures of a big shiny thing on the drive? :D

Brilliant work. I never even thought it was possible to do that kind of thing.. My exhaust doesn't look half as bad as the before picture, better go get myself some decent products and get cleaning.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
First thing that I though was..why is he showing us his dirty GTR...and next thing I thought was..WOW!!!! gorgeous GTR you have there m8.
me likes alot :)

what stuff are you using?

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
I see what you mean now Ian when you said the car was being prepped...
Nice work Alex, top car Ian.
See you on the weekend for a closer look:squintdan

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Have you been taking rally driving lessons Ian, or just enjoying 1.2bar off road.... :chuckle:

Looks stunning !

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
can you train my missus to polish my car?:squintdan

nice work, and I've also got serious water etching on my glass - I'll have to give your method a whirl!

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Great job :)

Dunno if it's just the picture but those wheel nuts and calipers look a totally different colour after the clean.

Bajjie - What the F was you doing with it, going off road ?!?! ;) hehehe

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Can't see the pictures here at work but I will bet they are nothing like the car sitting in the garage!

The bodywork is like glass, its so smooth.

I can see through the windows. Been frustrating me for ages so I'm really happy :cool:

I can't praise Alex enough for what he has done

1 - 20 of 57 Posts