GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,

thanks for all the input and help, below is the list of confirmed people, anyone else interested give me a pm. The day will start at 10am with 0-60 and 0-100 runs. I will send directions shortly, but its pretty damn nr to the Silverstone circuit!

Steve Combes
Mike Smith
Paul Demitriou
Rupert
Dirk
Gary GTart
Shin

Cheers
Lisa

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
competition

Thought you promised serious competition:D

Looking forward to this one, should be interesting and a good excuse to have a clutch chucked in after burning it out launching.

Paul, Ive got a block of wood for your gas pedal which I can tape on, so you can now reach full throttle, your legs will reach the floor this time, no excuses, haha, bring it on;)

Proper competition where hundredths of a second count for everything, its what its all about. Good harmless fun.

Dirk Diggler.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a Skyline only feature for the June issue of Banzai, it involves 0-60 and 0-100 runs, no fees, just your petrol cost. If anyone else wants to go, just let me know!! An R32 would be nice!:D

·
Registered
832 Posts
tigger said:
Its a Skyline only feature

well in there!

for the June issue of Banzai, it involves 0-60 and 0-100 runs,

What, no top end runs? Poofs:D lol

no fees, just your petrol cost. If anyone else wants to go, just let me know!! An R32 would be nice!:D
Should be a good feature to follow up our 200sx day, which should be in Banzai's May issue. Have a good 'un guys.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I will have to make sure I don't miss that issue of Banzai then.
Tigger do you work in Banzai magazine?
Any idea what/who's car is going to be on the front cover?
Regards
-Elliot

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortuntely I dont.....but hey! you never know, maybe I could have a change of career!!! I have no idea what Banzai have planned for the front cover....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Banzai Day.

Thanks for inviting us Tigger .

It's gonna be good fun me thinks as long as Dirky brings that block of wood for me. ;) . I believe if he empties his boot of all those top mags he might even beat me.........:D

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hopefully it will be a nice dry day!!! shame I can only spectate, still am sure it will be worth the wait when Mark has finished with my R33!!!!

Luke - have PM'd you:D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Looks like a no go...

Tigger,

My car has recently had a new engine and gearbox fitted. It obviously has to be run in fully before I can use it in anger, and I really don't think it will be ready for the 8th April. The time taken to run the car in is compounded by the fact that I am currently having the interior refitted and trimmed. What I can say is that if it's ok with you, I can bring the car along simply to look pretty but not actually take part in any timing events. The mileage would actually be welcome as I have to put at least 1500 miles on the engine before the limiters are taken off.

Rupert

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Banzai !

Paul, The block of wood will be ready for you, shall take it along with some gaffa tape for you, really want you to able to reach the pedals for this one:p

The boot will be empty of material but the dvd wont:D

Roll on the 8th, hopefully have a little more power by then;)

Dirk Silver Slug Squasher Diggler

·
Registered
488 Posts
Miserable bastards again…

I agree with Guy (again). I would love to really put my car through the paces for Banzai and feel a real sense of regret that if the event is held on the 8th April, this wont be the case.

Not wanting to put down any Skyline owner or their car, it really is essential that you get a big power car there to really show what these beasts are capable of. I have owned, timed and tested many Skylines in many different states of tune, and I can safely say that a big power car on full noise is truly an awesome sight and rather than just beating the opposition, it can wipe the floor with any of them.

You must have a least a couple of these cars in you feature.

Regards,

Rupert

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Guy etc.,

Good point Guy.

Ronnies up for it. Gary will be I'm sure. Henrys game on as well sooooo whats the problem. Sure their is a couple of other big cars out their. I know Ged may not be doing it ?

I do understand the point about making sure the right cars are going and perhaps a restricted limit should be imposed.

Dont forget our cars ain't actually good 0-60 machines until they have big bhp. Good for sub 4 secs that is.

Anymore input from anyone else ?

glen

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
guy

just seen your post whilst making me last.

I sort of agree but dont.

I am not going to not attend just because ' big power' cars are not running, There will very little difference in the launch times anyway as 600bhp+ will just spin on the line and you will find that you have to lower your boost anyway.

Its all about having a big clutch, in any event, the Tj days were in the mag showing a dozen cars running between 300-500hp odd on dynos and the dyno days are black and white about power not how good you can launch your car and driver skill as well as ' big power'.

If I am alone on this then I will be the only one there with a nice big magazine picture of my car, these events show exactly what your car is capable of speed and traction wise and a good indication of the progress we have all made with our cars power/traction/skill wise.

Dont take my views the wrong way but lightenup Guy;)

Dirk

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Ooooh I overposted as well

Dirk.

I think the point Guy is trying to make is that this feature is about what a highly tuned Skyline is capable of, not a meet for a try and test (Ann Summers Party springs to mind their.)

It seems this feature will be scrutinised and well publicised as to the abilities of a Skyline so perhaps the best should run.

Again perhaps this is too early. Ronnies new gearbox is not here yet so his standard one may even go bang which would be bad for us all. US ALL, as in Skyline owners.

glen

ps. Dirk. You just want to beat Paul again don't you ;) .

1 - 20 of 282 Posts