GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Features editor has just emailed me his interest in doing a feature on modded Skylines. I know there was discussion about this sort of feature previously, so I would like to know if anyone would be interested? I have no dates or venue as yet as we need to know if there will be any interest first.:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd offer mine as a "moderate tune" R32.... Anything to get away from the "Max Power" branding the car seems to have picked up..

DC

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nicely modded GTS-t?

If they want an all round view (i.e. to include modded GTRs and GTSs) then I'm definately up for it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Count me in too pending where, when, and car availability etc.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Umm - Let me think about that...

Duh - Ok!

Fantastic news! As you would have probably guessed, I am definitely up for it. It would really have to be a proper 'let's see what these machines can do' article rather than the average poncy Max Power style shoot which shows a lot of pretty pictures substantiated by a whole bunch of exaggerated performance claims. Wouldn't mind the car dripping with Max Power girls though…

…Give us an airfield, a whole bunch of Skylines of various tune, a group of good people and a day with some rain and shine, and I really think we could provide the basis for a kick-arse article.

If we get enough of us, it could even be shown what affect the various different types of Skyline modifications have on the car. Single or twin Turbo, what sort of performance you can get from what sort of outlay etc.

It would be bloody good fun too.

Rupert

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
think we have some good interest here then! I will try and find out what format they are going to do this in. It wont be this month, so possibly Feb or March. I will explain that we would like a decent venue with room for manouvere! I used my car on the current Sunny feature, and I can say it was a good day!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Though Banzai is one of the best Japanese car mags, it does lean one the side
of 'MAX', when compares to the wonderful writings of EVO.

It would of been interesting if EVO had been a bit more brave and not necessarily
do a complete article on high power modded GT-R'S, (as that's not their seen), but at
least to have an inset article acknowledging their existence and performance.

It would be wonderful to read EVO's thoughts and opinions on their handling and
performance rather the other mags, 'its the Bollocks' description.

Oh well, guess we have missed that boat now.:(

I was also thinking how much of a good read it would be for someone to go to Japan
and drive the Veilside road cars andTommy Kaira ZZ.II etc etc:D

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Count me in. Mine will probably be at the "lower end" of the scale but it should give people some idea of what they do as almost-standard.

John

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Re: Feature

GuyRatcliffe said:
I'd be in.

How about a 0-60 and 0-100 test (and 0-150?) as per the latest Banzai (they did Sunny GTI'rs).

They would have to arrange avenue though.

Guy
Unfortunately for that feature, they did not bother to contact the GTI-R OC and therefore only scraped a few cars together (making out that we are highly unsociable by questioning the feedback they did or didn't recieve). This meant they didn't get many of the higher tuned cars from the OC (other than Jason Gants - which achieved a 3.8 0-60 at trax last summer).

If you guys do decide to go for this, make sure they organise it properly, because they made a half assed effort with the GTI-R's, and most of us didn't know about it until we read the poor feature.

Regards,
Daz

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Daz, you are right about the GTiR day, it wasnt broadcast on the club, hence why I have asked how people here would feel about the feature.

As soon as I know any further details I will let everyone know.

:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts