GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
LOL

Nice one John,

Once again you have managed to find a suspicious car !!! You must have a very good search engine that hunts down all the cheapest dodgiest Skylines in the world !!! :D :D :D

Prospec 2001 model R34 sold with 5000miles for £44,500

Dodgy computer trader advert on ebay for 2000model R34 with 45,000miles for £14,100

Anyone notice a similarity????????

:D :D :D :D :D :D

J.

·
Registered
508 Posts
pmsl:D

Every so often I see a new model R1 come up on ebay with a buy it now and the obligatory pay only by money transfer. Think it was £3500 last time, says it's in London, but the picture is of a US spec bike in a nice US looking location with a US truck in the background:rolleyes:

Think the scammers would get on better if they didn't put them up so cheap, muppets.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scary, why, oh, why do we have to be on our guard all the time.
It may be genuine but with a picture of another car etc... I dont think so!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Actually just had a look at the ebay ad. It may have been a car he bought from Prospec and that may be the picture they sent him.

It's not actually cheap, it's only on 14,000 and it says reserve not met, it may have a reserve of £40,000 for all we know. Probably genuine as scammers can use other peoples ebay details and appear to be them, but they usually use 'buy it now' as the real owner of the ebay account will report to ebay and the scam will be pulled. It must be genuine because it's run 5 days like this.

Either that is the owners car or they have used the pic as example. Either way the guys number is on there, so contact and viewing are possible.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Its the same car I posted about on Autotrader previously for £24k...

Any price it sells for on Ebay is excluding all taxes...

He doesn't know much about Skylines (drive themselves comments etc)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts